CJohn

Iron Man 3 OS thread ($803,300,000)

Not gonna happen with so much uncertainty in China. :unsure: It needs 100M from China to hit that number.

You know, big OS numbers happened even when China was a small market.

Latin America, Russia, some Asian countries...Are fast-growing too, OS doesn't mean China...

And by the way TA grossed much more than that with less than $100m in China.

Edited by Iron Fullbuster
  • Like 1

You know, big OS numbers happened even when China was a small market.

Latin America, Russia, some Asian countries...Are fast-growing too, OS doesn't mean China...

And by the way TA grossed much more than that with less than $100m in China.

Hopefully you're correct but this Chinese situation is pissing me off.  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Is this based on any actual numbers? Or is this just presales and predictions?

Based on early signs from SK and other markets so far.

I dont think a single market will experience a flat gross or declining gross apart from a very minor one.

What do you expect in France since SH aren't very popular? 25M, 30M or more/less?

You know, they're more and more popular, and comics have a fanbase in France, the country which doesn't like them very much is Germany.:P

In France I expect 30-40m, that would be a great number; and it's perfectly possible with holidays + bad weather from Friday :)

Star Trek will get at most 300 million or so overseas.

For most medium-smaller markets, it's still huge competition for screens. I don't think you can write off Star Trek 2 here. Its potential may not be high but theaters will give it screens regardless.

:o That's high

Really? I don't think it's high. Iron Man 3 is coming off The Avengers boosting its profile. If you exclude The Avengers, Iron Man 2 was liked overall by general audiences for the most part so I don't see a lot of audience erosion here. Also, Iron Man 3 is the biggest movie of the summer. What other movie can beat it? No sequel will come close to even touching it and Man of Steel is a reboot. After last year's superhero firestorm, Iron Man 3 may drag in terms of superhero starpower but people will want to watch something...anything. That something will be Iron Man 3.

I think with China, it could potentially go over 700m but I like to be conservative with my predicts.

• Like 2

How do you see IM3 passing 50 mill just based off pre-sales?

Presales are much bigger than TA and it has very weak competition for couple of weeks. 50M could happen but certainly not locked but signs are there for a big breakout in SK.  

Edited by druv10

550m OS only.

350 DOM

total 900m

good bump heres iron man 2 gross

Worldwide:  $623,933,331  

add inflation and 3d, thats about 20% extra = 747M

so the bump is still about 20% which is correct

Edited by Halba

The long term potential of Indonesia is big given it has 250 million inhabitants! More than Brazil and Russia.

Yeah, but there are still not enough movie theaters. We only have around 165. For a country with 240 million people, that's an extremely low number. Also, almost half of the theaters are located in Jakarta (the capital city) and surrounding cities, very unevenly distributed. But yeah, it has the potential to be a big market. But to achieve that, we need more theaters.

Yeah, but there are still not enough movie theaters. We only have around 165. For a country with 240 million people, that's an extremely low number. Also, almost half of the theaters are located in Jakarta (the capital city) and surrounding cities, very unevenly distributed. But yeah, it has the potential to be a big market. But to achieve that, we need more theaters.

Be patient, Russia and China were very small markets 10-15 years ago. Given its economic growth I think Indonesia will be an important market in 10 years :)

• Like 1