CJohn

Star Trek 2 OS thread

Didn't that drop some with finals?

No matter in roughly a week in 7 markets Trek has earned nearly a third of the OS gross of Trek 09.  Question where does it eventually land?

I would guess 200 to 250.  Not huge leaps, but not bad either even with 3D and inflation.  

If that does happen I wonder what type of growth could be expected for a third film?  At that point I think Trek will be on its way to serious (though still lower the a huge number of major us blockbusters would get) money.

Sooner or later, it's gonna happen.

Every big Hollywood Franchise will get their chance to hit 1B. From James Cameron films to European based fantasy blockbusters LOTR/HP, from sci-fi tentpoles to action flicks like James Bond, Mission Impossible, Fast & Furious ..., from Pixar/DWA/Blue Sky animations to very American thing Star Trek ... and even American comdey like Ted ... will all join 1B clubs.

Edited by firedeep

Sooner or later, it's gonna happen.

Every big Hollywood Franchise will get their chance to hit 1B. From James Cameron films to European based fantasy blockbusters LOTR/HP, from sci-fi tentpoles to action flicks like James Bond, Mission Impossible, Fast & Furious ..., from Pixar/DWA/Blue Sky animations to very American thing Star Trek ... and even American comdey like Ted ... will all join 1B clubs.

Perhaps... but not for ST3. They'll need steady growth over the next few films to be able to pull that off.

Sooner or later, it's gonna happen.Every big Hollywood Franchise will get their chance to hit 1B. From James Cameron films to European based fantasy blockbusters LOTR/HP, from sci-fi tentpoles to action flicks like James Bond, Mission Impossible, Fast & Furious ..., from Pixar/DWA/Blue Sky animations to very American thing Star Trek ... and even American comdey like Ted ... will all join 1B clubs.

Who are you and what have you done with Firedeep the "It's a bomb!" man?

Perhaps... but not for ST3. They'll need steady growth over the next few films to be able to pull that off.

ST3 needs Baz, Leo and Jay-Z to pull a stunning upset for ages. otherwise no 1B.

Edited by fishnets

$300M OS is still not completely dead. $250M OS should happen.ST3 in 2016 directed by JJ will have 1B WW potential, boosting by 50 anniversary, 400 dom/600m.

I had STiD ending at around 280 OS. I don't know if that's the tipping point for 1B WW but I fully expect a third ST to see another healthy OS growth spurt, if JJ is on board. Which may not be the case if rumors of his frustration with Paramount/CBS is true. Also, by the looks of the DOM numbers 400 may be a stretch for ST10 and will need more from OS to make up. Edited by WileECoyote