CJohn

Star Trek 2 OS thread

"I think just like Hobbit, we are going to see massive overpredictions for all blockbuster movies this summer(IM3, Trek, Fast 6 etc)."

Considering you said TDKR was the 2nd coming of Christ and TA was going to open to around 140 million...

I will simply dimiss your predictions... :rolleyes:

The new movies just use the characters established in the 60s, but the look and feel are gone. Are franchises so important to carry new movies into the 21st century? Why not start afresh with new characters?. The visuals look really well.

It comes from a extremely poor 128 million OS. In that way, it remembers me to Nolan's Batman. Both are considered very good reboots and, from my absolute unknowledge of Star Trek universe, I have intuited a very good villain in trailers, as TDK had. I am not saying this will make TDK numbers, not even close, but it should increase by a good margin. 300-350 could be a good initial target (about 250% increase). If it can go higher it will depend on the quality.

This is a case of a films name hindering its OS performance.Watch the trailer without a 'label' or 'title'; it's simply a grand action film that takes place in the future - OS audiences should eat this up, but have 'Star Trek' as its title will hold it back.Increasing my $240m OS prediction to $360m.

• Like 1

This is a case of a films name hindering its OS performance.Watch the trailer without a 'label' or 'title'; it's simply a grand action film that takes place in the future - OS audiences should eat this up, but have 'Star Trek' as its title will hold it back.Increasing my $240m OS prediction to $360m.

Agreed. I think this can surprise us. I have been very impressed by Cumberbatch's character.

Everyone I know call previous film uninteresting and boring. The general audience simply doesnt  care about this "grand action film".

Yeah, OS audience just didnt like ST that much. I have noticed many of friends, To them, it was just another pretty average and forgettable syfy flick.

Yeah, OS audience just didnt like ST that much. I have noticed many of friends, To them, it was just another pretty average and forgettable syfy flick.

And that's why as I said in the STiD thread anything above 200m OS is fantastic for this film and we shouldn't go overboard due to the stigma. Around 250m is my prediction.Also side note it opened OS tonight in a few countries I believe, any word on early WOM from those countries or box office numbers?

And that's why as I said in the STiD thread anything above 200m OS is fantastic for this film and we shouldn't go overboard due to the stigma. Around 250m is my prediction.Also side note it opened OS tonight in a few countries I believe, any word on early WOM from those countries or box office numbers?

Not yet.

To do some serious cash overseas, it has to be now with the English spoken and german countries releases because on its second date of release with the rest of the markets in June, i see it suffocating between Smith's AE, HGIII, MOS and F6....all of which either more anticipated (MOS), more popular (F6 and HGIII) or with Will Smith who is still a lethal weapon abroad when it comes to sci fi/action movies.

So whatever it does now, i beleive will count for 50% to 70% of its total overseas, i believe.

To do some serious cash overseas, it has to be now with the English spoken and german countries releases because on its second date of release with the rest of the markets in June, i see it suffocating between Smith's AE, HGIII, MOS and F6....all of which either more anticipated (MOS), more popular (F6 and HGIII) or with Will Smith who is still a lethal weapon abroad when it comes to sci fi/action movies.

So whatever it does now, i beleive will count for 50% to 70% of its total overseas, i believe.

Agreed.

The reason why Paramout release it in these territories first is to possibly creat some buzz for the rest OS markets where ST is not popular.