CJohn

The Hangover Part III OS thread

This is really going to make WB think about doing a 4th.

I think the final effect has a lot to do with the big numbers this is making, so another one would probably flop.

The wide overseas expansion of The Hangover Part III brought in $82.3 million from 54 markets over the weekend, reaching a $110.7 million overseas total. The global cume stands at $198.79 million after a lackluster performance in North America. The top performing new markets include Germany ($15M), Russia ($9.3M), Italy (7.6M), France ($6.6), and Brazil ($5.4M). Hold-overs in the UK and Australia saw the film reach $20.7M and $15.2M totals respectively.

I dunno ... but its opening is well ahead of HO2 everywhere outside English-speaking territories. And HO2 made 332M OS. Frontolading or not,  I think the non-English speaking markets should have no problem making UP what has been lost in the a few English-speaking territories. Aka, cant see HO3 fall short of 330M os.

Edited by firedeep
  • Like 1

The kind of crude humor that transcends language. English speaking audience knows better.

It's great for Warner but I hope there is less of this kind of super low brow comedy from the studio

There was no comedy in the movie....so how is this low brow comedy?

• Like 2