A Marvel Fanboy

Pacific Rim OS thread

China really deserves to have their Jaeger be the hero in the sequel if there is one. Let Gipsy 2.0 get her ass kicked. 

i was disappointed how they handled the storyline with Chinese jaegar (Russian too btw) :(

i was disappointed how they handled the storyline with Chinese jaegar (Russian too btw) :(

Gypsy Danger (USA) and Striker Eureka (Australia) had all of the highlights but were destroyed by end so if sequel happens than I can see Chinese & Russian Jaeger be the main weapons.  ;)  :D

• Like 1

Gypsy Danger (USA) and Striker Eureka (Australia) had all of the highlights but were destroyed by end so if sequel happens than I can see Chinese & Russian Jaeger be the main weapons.  ;)  :D

the pilots were charismatic

but they're dead :(

Charlie Hunnam will have to return plus the Japanese actress.

I am pretty sure they will figure a story how to highlight the Chinese

Jaeger more like trying to put together the new Crimson Typhoon

with a new team. They would likely do what TF4 team did by casting

a semi-famous Chinese actors in the movie. It is interesting what

WB or Legendary+Universal would do here.

Pacific Rim has now grossed more in China than in North America. Guillermo del Toro's high concept blockbuster didn't connect with audiences in the U.S. & Canada, where it has only grossed $98.4 million over six weeks. China has single-handedly lifted the global box office figures for the sci-fi film, contributing $100.1 million to its $286 million overseas cume. The global box office total for Pacific Rim is $384.4 million. The other top overseas markets aren't anywhere near the Chinese total; Pacific Rim has grossed $20.5 million in Russia, $18 million in South Korea, $15.8 million in Mexico, and $12.5 million in the U.K. 

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2013-08-18-global-despicable-me-2-close-to-passing-fast-6-as-the-second-biggest-film-of-2013

Looks like they've underreported Chinese gross by 3.4M or maybe just didn't add Sunday gross as 21M Yuan converts to 3.4M dollars. 

Pacific Rim has now grossed more in China than in North America. Guillermo del Toro's high concept blockbuster didn't connect with audiences in the U.S. & Canada, where it has only grossed $98.4 million over six weeks. China has single-handedly lifted the global box office figures for the sci-fi film, contributing $100.1 million to its $286 million overseas cume. The global box office total for Pacific Rim is $384.4 million. The other top overseas markets aren't anywhere near the Chinese total; Pacific Rim has grossed $20.5 million in Russia, $18 million in South Korea, $15.8 million in Mexico, and $12.5 million in the U.K. 

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2013-08-18-global-despicable-me-2-close-to-passing-fast-6-as-the-second-biggest-film-of-2013

Looks like they've underreported Chinese gross by 3.4M or maybe just didn't add Sunday gross as 21M Yuan converts to 3.4M dollars. 

The cume in China didn't add Sunday gross as it need to wait until tomorrow afternoon for Sunday actual gross.

Edited by MDNA