A Marvel Fanboy

Monsters University OS (Settling for fine 480M OS total)

first part, TS3 and DM. second part,

DM was released in TS3's fourth weekend, DM2 came in MU's second week, on Wednesday.

Cars 2 was terrible and made 368m (Cars made about the same as MI, but MI was 5 years before Cars), The Croods without sequel recognition and a brand like Pixar made 398m in this same year

MU has made 430m so far. What's your point?

Yeah, it's run in Europe wasn't so hot. But other than that, good performance everywhere, especially Japan.

It was hurt by DM2 and heatwave in Europe but Argentina, Mexico, China, HK and especially Japan came through big time for MU.  :D

All I know is that I predicted 700M for MU in my BSG. It'll make more than that by a good amount. So, I see that as a great result for MU, as well as good result for my game. Also, looks like MU will be the third highest grossing Pixar movie WW only behind TS3 and FN, so to me, it's definitely a win.

Edited by Sam

You might also include latin america, aside from Argentina, I didn't see any hot performance

Can't say I particularly care about its run anywhere other than Japan. All I see is $700m+ next to MU and coupled with its amazing performance in Japan, it's enough for me to call it a big success.

700m would've been good, for a movie like this, in the past decade , but now? I'm not sure.

We're going in circles at this point. I believe it's performance has been more than satisfactory and I actually enjoyed the movie and loved the message at the end. Sure I would love for every movie I really like make 1B+ but that's not realistic. MU OS has been tremendous, overall.  :D