CJohn

Despicable Me 2 OS thread

I don't talk about admissions,but the size of the market in dollars.we determine the size of a market this way.French market = $1.7 billion,UK = $1.74B.As you can see it's a very small lead,but given the trends of these last months we can expect this gap will widen.In adm France is still ahead though.

UK & Ireland - Opened #1 with big $3.5M at 542 dates and 49% market share. This is 3x bigger than the opening day of Despicable Me. The total including last week’s previews is $11M (£7.2M). If estimates continue in the same patterns, DM2will break the record as Universal’s biggest opening weekend with previews in that market.

France - Opened #1 on Wednesday and has grossed a high $3.6M at 799 dates. It has 40% market share and is more than twice as big as Despicable Me.

Belgium – Opened #1 and has grossed $731kKat 71 dates including previews. This is 65% ahead of Despicable Me.

Netherlands – Opened #1 and has grossed bigger than expected $1.4M at 131 dates and 81% ahead of original..

French-Speaking Switzerland – Opened #1 and has grossed $395K at 43 dates with previews, which is 89% ahead of Despicable Me.

Sweden – Opened #2 behind Man Of Steel and has grossed a big $914K at 140 dates with previews. It is 89% ahead of Despicable Me.

Australia - DM2 opened last weekend and is holding strong at #2 behind Man Of Steel’s opening. The cume Down Under is now $10M.

Holy shit, so Despicable Me 2 so far at bare minimum has increased 50% on its predecessors gross. Bare minimum 450m OS. If it hits 600-650m OS this movie could potentially make 1B WW. Am I going crazy or does this actually seem possible?

Holy shit, so Despicable Me 2 so far at bare minimum has increased 50% on its predecessors gross. Bare minimum 450m OS. If it hits 600-650m OS this movie could potentially make 1B WW. Am I going crazy or does this actually seem possible?

No it's actually a possibility. And there's not even 3D to thank for such a massive increase on the first - it already had it :)