CJohn

Despicable Me 2 OS thread

I see. Do you know how many markets it has opened in, Olive?With the current total, looks like it'll be at 460-470 by Sunday?

The news said there were 18 markets still to open.

Yea, around 470 by Sunday.

• Like 1

Despicable Me 2 was active in 7,900 theatres in 50 territories through Universal Pictures International and has amassed $472.4m worldwide. The animation has grossed approximately twice as much as its 2010 predecessor by the same stage and is forecast to cross the $293m lifetime total of Despicable Me this week.

Despicable Me 2 scored number one debuts in all six of its new territories and stayed top in a sequence of strong holds in the likes of Germany, Spain, Argentina, Mexico, Netherlands and Portugal. It added $3.4m in the UK for a $41m running total.

The family hit claimed 90% market share in Lithuania and delivered Universal’s biggest opening weekend as well as the industry’s biggest 3D animated film opening and the biggest July opening. It scored the studio’s biggest opening day in Latvia and has passed Ice Age 3 in Australia to rank as the eighth biggest animated release there. There are 13 territories to go over the next few months. 

Edited by firedeep

The minions are set to become only the second Universal release to break the $100 million mark in Latin America, following the first-time feat accomplished by Fast 6 in the region earlier this month. Brazil posted the strongest hold ($4.5M Weekend / $27.5M Cume), passing Fast 6 to become Universal's top release of all time in the country. Other top holds include Mexico ($3.7M Weekend / $38.9M Cume), Germany ($3M Weekend / $18.3M Cume), the U.K. and Ireland ($2.7M Weekend / $45.6M Cume), and France ($2.3M Weekend / $23.5M Cume).