CJohn

Wolverine 2 OS thread

If it does big numbers in Japan, SK, Asian, UK , Austraila. Logan has good shots at $300-$400+M OS..Wow.. Look at that hype

going on in UK and Austraila for this movie ... And Japan  and China..

Going to be an interesting OS Run :)

It opened less than origins in both Australia and the uk...

• Like 1

My projection ...

Could be as high as 90M this weekend, enough to be 2nd best of year-to-date.

But that doesn't mean anything really, FF6 had a 160M weekend, just because it opened in a couple of markets a week earlier doesn't somehow diminish its numbers. If every film opened in all the OS markets at the same time, Wolverine wouldn't be anywhere near the top.

• Like 2

But that doesn't mean anything really, FF6 had a 160M weekend, just because it opened in a couple of markets a week earlier doesn't somehow diminish its numbers. If every film opened in all the OS markets at the same time, Wolverine wouldn't be anywhere near the top.

Of course.

But it is still a good rank, if not great.

It's like movies playing in different numbers of theaters, yet their OWs/Wkns are still ranked on the same list in NA.

Edited by firedeep

Of course.

But it is still a good rank, if not great.

It's like movies playing in different numbers of theaters, yet their OWs/Wkns are still ranked on the same list in NA.

Wide releases in America get as many theatres as they need, so it doesn't really matter exactly how many they get. This is akin to most films having Borat, Moonrise Kingdom or Hereafter like runs. In America this is the exception, but OS it is the norm.

What's The Wolverine looking at for OW in South Korea? I hope it does well cause next week, not many movies can survive in SK with the arrival of Snowpiercer.

• Like 1

Wide releases in America get as many theatres as they need, so it doesn't really matter exactly how many they get. This is akin to most films having Borat, Moonrise Kingdom or Hereafter like runs. In America this is the exception, but OS it is the norm.

Movies also open/play in different numbers of markets, yet they still compare with each other.

So you are telling me this chart is meanlingless, since they opened in different markets:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/weekend/opening/

Yes, a much more meaningful chart would be adding up the opening weekends of each market. Although even then it wouldn't be an apples to apples comparison because films also open to different days in the week but get lumped in as OW anyway, unlike DOM.

My projection ...

Could be as high as 90M this weekend, enough to be 2nd best of year-to-date.

not relevant as many movies don't release simultaneous on 1 OW

How much OS now. This thing disappointed in NA with only $54m estimated...

i think only $200m OS.

Edited by Halba
  • Like 1