Turbo OS thread

Release dates:

Italy:August 21

Germany:October 3

France:October 16

UK:October 18

Spain:October 25

And...?

Most markets will be affected by any of those 3 and a couple of countries you listed sees Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs releasing a week after.

Rise of Guardians say hi ...

Rise of the guardians made about $303M ww on a production budget of $145M. It is obvious that the movie made back its production cost from theatrical run alone. The marketing cost was probably recovered through ancillary income. The movie may have even turned a profit.

I don't see Turbo being profitable or breaking even.

Rise of the guardians made about $303M ww on a production budget of $145M. It is obvious that the movie made back its production cost from theatrical run alone. The marketing cost was probably recovered through ancillary income. The movie may have even turned a profit.

I don't see Turbo being profitable or breaking even.

Dreamworks lost a significant amount of money on Rise of the Guardians, on the order of $70m or so (they projected to lose $83m, but the home entertainment sales were better than expected).

I agree with you on Turbo, though.

Turbo opened in 28 markets to $22.6 million overseas, taking its opening weekend to a $53.8 million global total. Russia led the charge with a fantastic $8.4 million opening weekend, followed by strong performances from Mexico ($3.4M), Brazil ($1.8M), and Argentina ($1.3M). 

I don't know why people keep bringing up ROTG as an example of a failure for DWA. If memory serves "Bee Movie" cost more and made less than ROTG but somehow ROTG is the one everyone brings up. I thought ROTG was a wonderful movie that sadly wasn't given a shot for whatever reason but it's not the only one. EG: Iron Giant.

Edited by iEye

I really hate those "fantastic", "strong" and "terrific" from studio box office reports. Its so stupid and misleading. "Fantastic" opening in Russia includes 5 days of previews. 3.4 million in Mexico is NOT a strong start for a major animated movie. 

Those numbers are kinda awful for Turbo.

Compared to RoTG, Turbo opened 10% lower in Mexico and 25% lower in Brazil.  Hard to compare to Russia since its loaded up with preview numbers.

I think this is headed for $90m domestic/$180 foreign for $270m WW.