CJohn

Kung Fu Panda 3 | 1/29/2016 | New Trailer on Page 26!

Huh? How's that a reason for this making over 500m in China?

Not saying it exactly will that easily.....but it depends on the legs and how long China will keep it in there. Normally for Hollywood blockbusters, it's usually either 4 weeks or 5.

This one is interesting, because it's also being produced along with a chinese company called "Oriental Dreamworks".

But we can all agree, it's gonna do over $400M in China.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Dory is not going to beat Shrek 2's gross, deal with it :ph34r:

Umm...Dory is coming of the already beloved and popular Finding Nemo, so there is a chance it could come close.

And good god,..stop with the goddamn ninja face! It's getting really irritating now! :angry:

Seriously, what's your problem with blockbuster potentials? :angry:

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

Uuurghh. :angry:

Why are you trying to underestimate animated films? Just to prove how right you are? Do you hate those flicks or what? :angry:

And i agree with Ethan Hunt.

Why am I underestimating animated movies? Tell me how many of them have come close to Shrek 2 since 2004? Yeah only two :) And that with the help of a lot of years of inflation and 3D ;)

Monsters Inc was and is a really beloved film too and its prequel barely surpassed it. I think, of course, that Dory will surpass Nemo with more ease and finish with around $400m. That's not lowballing and it's entirely possible. Period.

Edited by tupek

Why am I underestimating animated movies? Tell me how many of them have come close to Shrek 2 since 2004? Yeah only two :) And that with the help of a lot of years of inflation and 3D ;)

Monsters Inc was and is a really beloved film too and its prequel barely surpassed it. I think, of course, that Dory will surpass Nemo with more ease and finish with around $400m. That's not lowballing and it's entirely possible. Period.

Monsters U didn't have the WOM that Inc did. I know it's a lot to ask, but if Dory gets the same reception that Nemo did, or the reception Inside Out seems to be getting, then we could be talking about a lot more than 400M.

Monsters U didn't have the WOM that Inc did. I know it's a lot to ask, but if Dory gets the same reception that Nemo did, or the reception Inside Out seems to be getting, then we could be talking about a lot more than 400M.

Toy Story 3 also had unbelievable reviews, and could not pass Shrek 2. Though it wasn't that far.

Toy Story 3 also had unbelievable reviews, and could not pass Shrek 2. Though it wasn't that far.

Yeah...but the thing is Toy Story 3 had arguably more competition though. It went up against Shrek 4, Twilight: Eclipse, DM1, Inception. All of them making money in the same summer.

The only big competitor Shrek 2 had, was The Day After Tomorrow. And Shrek 2 had better legs.

Toy Story isn't as big of s brand as Finding Nemo.

Er... am I suppoed to laugh at this? I mean I loved Finding Nemo and it is definitely the second biggest Pixar brand (maybe tying with cars coz of its merchandise sales) but its obviously not as big as the super-loved toy story series. Its really amazing how one of the most awaited, most loved and concluding part (as it seemed then) of the most loved animated film series ever was unable to break Shrek 2's dom record. Really makes Shrek 2's achievment look very big.

• Like 1

Er... am I suppoed to laugh at this? I mean I loved Finding Nemo and it is definitely the second biggest Pixar brand (maybe tying with cars coz of its merchandise sales) but its obviously not as big as the super-loved toy story series. Its really amazing how one of the most awaited, most loved and concluding part (as it seemed then) of the most loved animated film series ever was unable to break Shrek 2's dom record. Really makes Shrek 2's achievment look very big.

Why would you laugh at the truth? Finding Dory will open to 130M with ease, with 150M definitely being in the cards. If it has reception liken the first film or as you mentioned Toy Story 3, then it will pass Shrek 2.

Toy Story isn't as big of s brand as Finding Nemo.

That's factually untrue. In every way imaginable.

Toy Story had 3 movies, one of which made a billion at the box office and was nominated for best picture. Nemo had one movie a decade ago.

Edited by SpiderByte