CJohn

Kung Fu Panda 3 | 1/29/2016 | New Trailer on Page 26!

But in other regards, I fully expect Allegiant to move. It's cutting it kinda close already, have they even started production yet?

So what's going to open that weekend then? It can't just be empty? Maybe one of those movies in that too crowded February weekend should move.

• Like 2

But in other regards, I fully expect Allegiant to move. It's cutting it kinda close already, have they even started production yet?

So what's going to open that weekend then? It can't just be empty? Maybe one of those movies in that too crowded February weekend should move.

Maybe Zootopia will move back? That seems like something that could open extremely well (hello, Disney Animation!) and be able to withstand the blow from Batman vs. Superman in its second weekend.

• Like 2

It's probably thinking that with American Sniper, January can be a hot spot.

I'm a bit surprised that they didn't move it to January 15th. Yeah, the Nut Job is there, but it'll probably decrease from the first quite readily. Nothing justifies the existence of that movie.

• Like 2

It's probably thinking that with American Sniper, January can be a hot spot.

I'm a bit surprised that they didn't move it to January 15th. Yeah, the Nut Job is there, but it'll probably decrease from the first quite readily. Nothing justifies the existence of that movie.

DWA is deluded if they think that KFP3 as well as AS, Katzenberg mentioned it as to why Boss Baby has a January release but I think it may hurt its box office unless they're relying on China. It faces The Secret Life of Pets two weeks later so it's not like there is no family competition,

• Like 1

These "unconventional" release date choices for blockbusters are becoming more and more popular.

Maybe studios are finally realizing that you don't need to cram every tentpole into March, summer or the holidays and the box office benefits from more spread out releases?

• Like 2

I don't get why there is any idea that San Andreas would move. It's already got a good release date, and unlike Pan, it's not looking like its gonna be any sort of big disappointment.

Mostly because WB already has too many movies in summer 2015 tbh. Seriously, 11 films over a 3 month period? Only 

I don't see San Andreas doing more than $110 million DOM. $80-85 million is my guess. 

Plus, after American Sniper, WB's seen MLK is a prime date for the right film. Of course, Pan would be the better decision for MLK 2016 since Kung Fu Panda 3 isn't direct competition and it'd be the first tentpole of 2016. 

Edited by mahnamahna

Mostly because WB already has too many movies in summer 2015 tbh. Seriously, 11 films over a 3 month period? Only 

I don't see San Andreas doing more than $110 million DOM. $80-85 million is my guess. 

Plus, after American Sniper, WB's seen MLK is a prime date for the right film. Of course, Pan would be the better decision for MLK 2016 since Kung Fu Panda 3 isn't direct competition and it'd be the first tentpole of 2016. 

I don't know why you feel San Andreas has to move? Honestly, it's perfect in its slot. And Warner Bros. doesn't have too many movies coming out this summer. A handful of them will be modest grossers at best to begin with.

If Nut Job 2 were to leave, and either Pan or San Andreas moved to MLK 2016, I'd say January-April 2016 has to be the most well-rounded slate by far. Of course, Allegiant Part 1 probably needs to move to August 19 or April 8 possibly.

San Andreas is Not moving. Because TV Spots are starting to pop up everywhere. But Pan is Screwed
  • Like 1

San Andreas will make more $178-186M DOM Gross
  • Like 1

If Nut Job 2 were to leave, and either Pan or San Andreas moved to MLK 2016, I'd say January-April 2016 has to be the most well-rounded slate by far. Of course, Allegiant Part 1 probably needs to move to August 19 or April 8 possibly.

January Thru April 2016 is way too crowded no more room left

I don't get you people.

Why do you care how much the corporations make - or don't make??

What a true cinephile (google the word) wants - what the Shay wants - is as many good and big movies released as early as possible. I would like to have FOUR OR FIVE movies like Pan EACH and EVERY week!

What is your problem??!!

• Like 2

San Andreas will make more $178-186M DOM Gross

it won't gross anywhere near 180m. 2012, the ultimate disaster movie grossed like 160m DOM. This looks to be even worse than 2012 was, quality wise, dat combo of awful actors and bad director.