ecstasy

Thursday Box Office

The Spidey loonies better eat some humble pie with their 300m and 900m and 1 billion WW calls, calling us haters for our precious predictions that became box office gold. It seems that I might overpredicted TASM with my 810m WW prediction.My domestic prediction for TASM will be 90% accurate, so no one can call me a hater, you can salute me if you want. Also my TDKR first week > TASM total call will become reality soon.

the film is still on track for about 260m domestic and 800 something million worldwide. It's not like an exact 300m prediction is that far off from about 260m. Besides ASM is far from the only film that has been overpredicted. Pretty much every film this summer from Dark Shadows to Prometheus to Snow White and the Huntsman to Rock of Ages to Brave has been wildly overpredicted by many, many of the same who are ragging on this film right now. Why not call out those "loonies" as well

You have the illusion that they are made for you and you want this characters to keep evolving with you, but that's not how superheroes mythology works.

Then please tell me why it is they they keep getting redone and updated in comics as well as films?

Is there another reason for the entire Ultimate line besides evolving and updating? Same stories just tweaked a bit to fit in with our world today a bit better.

The Spidey loonies better eat some humble pie with their 300m and 900m and 1 billion WW calls, calling us haters for our precious predictions that became box office gold. It seems that I might overpredicted TASM with my 810m WW prediction.My domestic prediction for TASM will be 90% accurate, so no one can call me a hater, you can salute me if you want. Also my TDKR first week > TASM total call will become reality soon.

It's not the predictions why haters are called haters. It's their attitude towards the film.

$300m isn't out the picture yet. It would need a 2.2 multiplier for that. :)

I can't fight with a loonie with no brain. I give up, You win. Yes, 300m is still possible with a 30m second weekend. It will increase on its third weekend when Nolan's small budget indie film comes to town. It won't lose any of its IMAX screens either.
  • Like 4

Poor loonies can't accept the fact that the budget for their reboot spiraled out of control and the film itself will barely be in the black because of it.

• Like 1

Derp. TASM production and marketing 350-400M, Batman Begins production and marketing 230-280.

Lol, do you have a link supporting that Amazing Spider-man and Batman Begins marketing was each that much? Either way then if BB total budget was that then it was definitely a money loser in theaters since it didn't even reach 400m worldwide. 800m worldwide would still be breaking even. I doubt the overall budget was that high, what was the studio expecting this to reach 1 billion or something? Barely in the black? Are you people serious? What is this nonsense? It seems this movie cannot be a financial success simply for the reason people don't want it to be a financial success Edited by John Marston

Then please tell me why it is they they keep getting redone and updated in comics as well as films?

Is there another reason for the entire Ultimate line besides evolving and updating? Same stories just tweaked a bit to fit in with our world today a bit better.

With every new take, it comes a new and updated origin when it's needed. That's how these characters work. They are evolving and updating, they aren't growing old as we are though. And that's why every new generation gets a new take on the mythos, that's why we'll be getting a new Batman soon and a Superman reboot next year.

LOL. And how much did BATMAN BEGINS make worldwide? A HUGE 373 M.

Yep, 373M worldwide for BB makes it a hit and a sequel of course was made without any hesitation. 800m+ for ASM means it's a "Dud" and "struggling to break even" and the sequel is in doubt.

Lol, do you have a link supporting that Amazing Spider-man and Batman Begins marketing was each that much? Either way then if BB total budget was that then it was definitely a money loser in theaters since it didn't even reach 400m worldwide. 800m worldwide would still be breaking even. I doubt the overall budget was that high, what was the studio expecting this to reach 1 billion or something? Barely in the black? Are you people serious? What is this nonsense? It seems this movie cannot be a financial success simply for the reason people don't want it to be a financial success

You are asking for a link? Kind of sad, that I know more then a fanboy blindly defending a film he hasnt even seen.

Oh my god. I'm completely indifferent to TASM, but with a budget of 230m plus whatever the marketing costs were, it will still easily make money in theatres.It's going to do over 700m WW, possibly more. It'll be at 500m WW at the end of this weekend.Such a tired argument.

• Like 3

Oh my god. I'm completely indifferent to TASM, but with a budget of 230m plus whatever the marketing costs were, it will still easily make money in theatres.It's going to do over 700m WW, possibly more. It'll be at 500m WW at the end of this weekend.Such a tired argument.

And you don't care about TASM and seems to enjoy Nolan's take on Batman a lot. Thank you for your objective post.

LOL. And how much did BATMAN BEGINS make worldwide? A HUGE 373 M.

How much did the sequel to that movie make?

Someone has said it before, but the only real way to tell if this is a successful reboot, is how the sequel does. Batman Begins laid the groundwork and The Dark Knight rode it all the way to the bank.

There are a lot of people that really do like TASM. There are a lot that don't. I have a hard time believing this one is setting up the sequel for a huge jump in box office.

Although, it wouldn't take much...

• Like 1