film2kz

Weekend EST- IA4 45.5M; TASM 35M(-44%); Ted 22.1M; Brave 10.7M; MM 9M

MOVIE Friday ICE AGE 2D 1407 3D 545 Total 1952 +/- Ratio 0.28 SPIDER-MAN 2D 358 3D 264 Total 622 +/- Ratio 0.42

That looks good for Ice Age and Spiderman.

To be fair I'd just call TASM as Peter Parker movie. I predicted 31.5m for the weekend, it seems to do around that number, even slightly better. En route towards 250m.

Let me see if I have this straight:10.5m12.0m(+14%)9m(-25%)=31.5mRest of week and 3rd weekend:3.9m(-57%)4.5m(+15%)3.5m(-22%)3.2m(-9%)3.2m(+0%)4m(+25%)3m(-25%)10.2m 3rd weekend. 222.7m totalYou really expect it to make 27.3m after a 10.2m weekend? Loonie. :P

Let me see if I have this straight:

10.5m

12.0m(+14%)

9m(-25%)

=31.5m

Rest of week and 3rd weekend:

3.9m(-57%)

4.5m(+15%)

3.5m(-22%)

3.2m(-9%)

3.2m(+0%)

4m(+25%)

3m(-25%)

10.2m 3rd weekend. 222.7m total

You really expect it to make 27.3m after a 10.2m weekend? Loonie. :P

why such a hefty drop ...

What's the drop for Spidey from last week?

MOVIE Friday

SPIDER-MAN 7.06
2D 516
3D 505
Total 1021
+/-  
Ratio 0.49

SPIDER-MAN 7.13
2D 358
3D 264
Total 622
+/- -0.39
Ratio 0.42

Low, if somewhat expected numbers for IA4. The trajectory in North America for the franchise was clearly on a downward spiral, especially with 3D not being as widely embraced as OS, and with a slew of other, better animated movies having come before this one. But I don't think anyone truly expected big numbers DOM from IA4. This was done with the OS audience in mind, after what the last one did, and it'll be a monster there.It would be great if Spidey's numbers held. It's a very good movie. If it weren't for the villain, which is weak, the choppiness of it all (it just didn't flow well) and the horrid score (and not just the score by itself, but the way it was used in the movie - like the scene where Spidey talks to Gwen about having to stop the Lizard; I don't think there was a worst choice than the cue they used), I'd rate it on par with Raimi's Spider-Man 2. As it is, it's still second-best, which ain't bad. It deserves big numbers.

• Like 1

Low, if somewhat expected numbers for IA4. The trajectory in North America for the franchise was clearly on a downward spiral, especially with 3D not being as widely embraced as OS, and with a slew of other, better animated movies having come before this one. But I don't think anyone truly expected big numbers DOM from IA4. This was done with the OS audience in mind, after what the last one did, and it'll be a monster there.

It would be great if Spidey's numbers held. It's a very good movie. If it weren't for the villain, which is weak, the choppiness of it all (it just didn't flow well) and the horrid score (and not just the score by itself, but the way it was used in the movie - like the scene where Spidey talks to Gwen about having to stop the Lizard; I don't think there was a worst choice than the cue they used), I'd rate it on par with Raimi's Spider-Man 2. As it is, it's still second-best, which ain't bad. It deserves big numbers.

Posted Image