Orestes

Ant-Man | July 17, 2015 | 180.07m dom, 338.4m OS, Marvels 2nd biggest OW in China

XUPzm.jpg

Director: Edgar Wright

Starring:

Release Date: 7-17-15

NEWS

SDCC 2012: Guardians & Ant-Man Films on the Way

Today at its Hall H panel at San Diego Comic-Con 2012, Marvel Stuios announced two upcoming films: "Guardians of the Galaxy," coming August 1, 2014, and displayed test footage for the very first time for "Ant-Man," to be directed by Edgar Wright.

More at Marvel.com.

Simon Pegg@simonpegg
Okay, so to be absolutely clear we start shooting World's End, 10 weeks from now, then @edgarwright will shoot Ant Man next year. #busyboy

Ant-Man to start production after Thor 2?:

"Looks like that rumor has some teeth and we’ve exclusively learned that, as of this moment, the plan is for ‘Ant-Man’ to step into Marvel’s London production branch once principal photography on ‘Thor: The Dark World’ wraps. Thor is expected to go in front of cameras this August…so soon."

Ant-Man over 85m OW club
Ant-Man under The Incredible Hulk OW
Ant-Man Over 260M
Ant-Man OVER 500 m WW club
50 Shades of Grey vs. Ant-Man WW CLUB
Ant-Man Over Iron Man 2 WW ($623,933,331)
Ant-Man under 50 Shades WW club
Ant-Man over Fantastic Four Domestically
Ant-Man 100M+OW/ Over 300M DOM
Ant-Man #1 July 17-19th Weekend Club

Test Footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbtnMmYv_Js&feature=player_detailpage

Official Press Release: Paul Rudd is Ant-Man

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 1

It was mentioned that Ant-Man in the test reel was wearing The Irredeemable Ant-Man suit, so here's a few images of it.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Orestes

Knew i forgot something. Gonna edit that into the first post :P

Thor 2 - November 2013

August 2012 - January 2013

CAP 2 - April 2014

December 2012 - May 2013

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 2014

April 2013 - October 2013

Ant-Man - November 2014?

September 2013 - February 2014

OR

Thor 2 - November 2013

August 2012 - January 2013

CAP 2 - April 2014

December 2012 - May 2013

Ant-Man - May 2014?

April 2013 - September 2013

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 2014

July 2013 - February 2014

Will DizMar have a May-July release?

I guess Ant-Man could get a Summer release, but Wright would have to work non-stop. I don't think he could do it.

If Ant-Man does indeed shoot next year, then I'm thinking a November-December 2014 release would be the likeliest possibility.

Edited by Orestes

If Ant-Man does indeed shoot next year, then I'm thinking a November-December 2014 release would be the likeliest possibility.

So no May-July release, first time since 2009 without a release. Its possible for a June release. If Ant-Man goes after CAP. If CAP2 wraps up in April 2013, then Ant-Man could get underway in March and finish up in late June. After Guardians can start in June.

Why is guardians coming out in august instead of june/july?

Because a few months ago DIS moved MU1 from May to August.

Must be awesome to be Disney right now. Between Marvel and Pixar, they pretty much have a license to print money.

• Like 1

Still not sure how this will turn out. People will probably look at the title and laugh. Hopefully it's good.

Still not sure how this will turn out. People will probably look at the title and laugh. Hopefully it's good.

This is one of those times where the first trailer is almost as important as the quality of the entire freaking movie. If they can't sell this with the very first glimpse of it, it won't work. So the first trailer has to be incredibly, incredibly cool and pretty much show the absolute coolest bits of the film.

This is one of those times where the first trailer is almost as important as the quality of the entire freaking movie. If they can't sell this with the very first glimpse of it, it won't work. So the first trailer has to be incredibly, incredibly cool and pretty much show the absolute coolest bits of the film.

Agreed. I was pretty skeptical until I heard the descriptions of the test reel they showed at SDCC. If they can capture something like that for the first trailer I think this movie will have a chance. Edited by Orestes

Not sure where you were '06/'07 but people had equally negative thoughts about Iron Man.Saying if it could pull Daredevil numbers it should count itself lucky.With a film like Guardians of the Galaxy an Ant-Man film will look down right familiar. I'm fairly well read on the Ant-Men(3 main ones) and the concept and characters have lots of story lines to use and add to the MCU.

I'm fairly well read on the Ant-Men(3 main ones) and the concept and characters have lots of story lines to use and add to the MCU.

If for no other reason, an Ant-Man movie should be made just to introduce Ultron into the MCU.
  • Like 1

Off topic, but when watching EMH is seems the Avengers take down their enemies with such ease. I know in the comics you have issues devoted to a single story, but in EMH it goes pretty fast. I wanted the last encounter in the last episode to go longer. TA took them down pretty quickly. I just hope in following movies the villains get tougher and are stretched to 2-3+ movies.

Oh dear lord here we go. All I can say is they better have something truly amazing in mind for this if they're really gonna make it and not expect it to bomb epicly. Oh and if Brody is still gonna star nothing can save it. It's already past the point of no return.