Orestes

Ant-Man | July 17, 2015 | 180.07m dom, 338.4m OS, Marvels 2nd biggest OW in China

That was supposed to be Guardians of the Galaxy.

But first true dud was Thor 2.

Nah, it was The Incredible Hulk.

• Like 1

Nah, it was The Incredible Hulk.

The only through and through Marvel dud imo is Iron Man 2.

Going back to the bad and the boring, that movie committed the worse sin of them all...it's fucking boring.

• Like 1

The only through and through Marvel dud imo is Iron Man 2.

Going back to the bad and the boring, that movie committed the worse sin of them all...it's fucking boring.

Hmm, maybe. I was talking financially. I think Hulk is the only one that fell short of the magic 2X production budget number or whatever. Maybe not enough to be an outright flop, but dud works.

Oh well, yes you'd be correct, TIH is Marvels only film to not be commercially successful.

That trailer is every bit as good as the Age of Ultron trailer.

Looooooooooooooooooooool

I am not seeing this “off” quality and this “dull, boring” thing that so many people talk about. I loved the trailer, and the last line made me laugh. It also made me think that, as beloved as the Marvel cinematic universe seems to be now, I bet that whenever it is rebooted in the future, there will be lots of retroactive revisionist history, and I bet that a lot of people will claim that the Marvel films sucked because they were too funny or too comedic or whatever.

Only thing that I wish we had seen in the trailer was footage of Yellowjacket.

I'm not confident on this film. The teaser looks more of the same for the most part, the same old superhero origin story. Also the tone was not right: it was mostly dramatic, and the gags were not funny enough to give it a distinct personality.

I am not seeing this “off” quality and this “dull, boring” thing that so many people talk about. I loved the trailer, and the last line made me laugh. It also made me think that, as beloved as the Marvel cinematic universe seems to be now, I bet that whenever it is rebooted in the future, there will be lots of retroactive revisionist history, and I bet that a lot of people will claim that the Marvel films sucked because they were too funny or too comedic or whatever.

I just think a lesser known property like this needed a trailer woth a bit more wow factor. If it was a iron man 4 trailer I think it would still have been weak but the fact people know and like the property, plus downey jr, would have made it come across better.

This one doesnt really show anything unique or eye catching imo, and Rudd didn't have any opportunity to make up for it.

First half of the trailer was pretty darn good. The second one, not so much.

Good teaser, it reminds me of the first GoTG trailer where they introduced the team.

Nah the trailer is okay, but it was no way near as good as the Guardians teaser.

Trailer was okay. Not bad, not great, just okay. Paul Rudd's "huh" made me chuckle a bit given how serious the trailer played it up until that point.

• Like 1

Generic, very generic. Could be ok on dvd.

The tone of the trailer was really weird. Seemed to be going serious, then suddenly jarringly weird looking CGI scenes and the joke line felt lazy at best. Didn't generate any excitement for me. 

Edited by BoxOfficeZ
  • Like 1

Nice teaser.

"Is it too late to change the name?" ...lol love that Marvel can make fun of themselves

• Like 1