Orestes

Ant-Man | July 17, 2015 | 180.07m dom, 338.4m OS, Marvels 2nd biggest OW in China

Anyway, Michael Douglas is in it, so 300m is locked...

Edited by The Stingray

This is hilarious. I see a lot of online scoffing (not just here) at this trailer, and I see a lot of this:

—Looks like crap and the premise and character is lame. Who's gonna get into that?

—That's what people said about GOTG's first trailer

—Nah, GOTG was an easier sell, because this, that, blahblahblah

So after lots of skeptical people laughed at GOTG and thought that people would never get into it, the film was a smash, and now, suddenly everybody KNEW that GOTG would be a hit? Really? BS. I cannot wait until Marvel makes another “weird” film and people then say «Well, but The ANT MAN premise was easier to digest...”

• Like 7

This is hilarious. I see a lot of online scoffing (not just here) at this trailer, and I see a lot of this:

—Looks like crap and the premise and character is lame. Who's gonna get into that?

So after lots of skeptical people laughed at GOTG and thought that people would never get into it, the film was a smash, and now, suddenly everybody KNEW that GOTG would be a hit? Really? BS. I cannot wait until Marvel makes another “weird” film and people then say «Well, but The ANT MAN premise was easier to digest...”

The teaser for GOTG WAS much better than the teaser for this. With Guardians it was a case of "this looks great but I don't see the GA being interested"

With this its "this looks pretty shit"

Ethan aside, no-one is pretending they knew GOTG would be big from the start.I wish I could say I did, I always thought it was the wild card to be the POTC of 2014 but 2 months before release I bottled out with a low prediction.

Edited by jessie
  • Like 4

C'mon, only a few people pull that shit. Most people, at least on this site, own up to their failed predictions and don't make excuses.

• Like 1

Even Terminator Genisys looks more entertaining.

• Like 1

Even Terminator Genisys looks more entertaining.

I know what I'm bringing to that movie.

smirnoff-bottle-hed-2013.jpg

• Like 1

If the trailer is any indication of the final product, then I guess ANT-MAN is just 'ok'. However, I don't think being ok is enough to survive in 2015.

The poster generated more talk than the trailer. But then again, this is just a teaser. I'm sure Marvel is saving the best. Loved the visuals by the way.

If the trailer is any indication of the final product, then I guess ANT-MAN is just 'ok'. However, I don't think being ok is enough to survive in 2015.

The poster generated more talk than the trailer. But then again, this is just a teaser. I'm sure Marvel is saving the best. Loved the visuals by the way.

Just because more people on this site talked about the poster than the trailer it doesn't mean it generated more talk, just means we talked about it more. Its like me and my mates talking about the GOTG poster more than the trailer then claiming the poster generated more talk.

That trailer was surprisingly mediocre. I wasn't really excited for this movie to begin with, and that teaser didn't change that. I'm still gonna see it in theaters, but only because it's part of the MCU.

The teaser for GOTG WAS much better than the teaser for this. With Guardians it was a case of "this looks great but I don't see the GA being interested"

With this its "this looks pretty shit"

Ethan aside, no-one is pretending they knew GOTG would be big from the start.I wish I could say I did, I always thought it was the wild card to be the POTC of 2014 but 2 months before release I bottled out with a low prediction.

I never said that my freaking prediction for GotG was 197M.

I never said that my freaking prediction for GotG was 197M.

calm down princess

• Like 1

Just because more people on this site talked about the poster than the trailer it doesn't mean it generated more talk, just means we talked about it more. Its like me and my mates talking about the GOTG poster more than the trailer then claiming the poster generated more talk.

Huh? People talked about the poster more therefore it generated more talk. I'm basing it on what I have seen here and on Twitter.

I thought the trailer was a bit standard. That doesn't mean standard=bad. I've been curious for footage, we got footage and I was very pleased with the money shot in this trailer which is Lang riding the Flying Ant since that is a famous and frequent thing done by Ant-Man.

Since GotG took the immediate comedic route once it's PR campaign began and was a long shot, I can see perhaps why tonally Marvel started this trailer with a more somber/dramatic feel before ending it with the funny line "change the name?". I've no doubt the film will have the trademark Marvel humor and future trailers will showcase that but despite the haters who want to mock the name it's only mocked cause he's not that well known yet. As a property the character isn't written inherently as a comedic piece(not with Pym or Lang anyway[see:Eric O'Grady])

The are doing what they should and saving the debut of the antagonist and shots of him as Yellowjacket for future trailers. Not to mention more action oriented shots.

I'd give the trailer about a B/B- grade. 

• Like 1

Keep in mind that the film wrapped up production in December, and they've just started post-production. So right now, most of the money shots that could've been shown in the teaser trailer haven't been fully completed yet.

• Like 2