Orestes

Ant-Man | July 17, 2015 | 180.07m dom, 338.4m OS, Marvels 2nd biggest OW in China

I thought the trailer was a bit standard. That doesn't mean standard=bad. I've been curious for footage, we got footage and I was very pleased with the money shot in this trailer which is Lang riding the Flying Ant since that is a famous and frequent thing done by Ant-Man.

Since GotG took the immediate comedic route once it's PR campaign began and was a long shot, I can see perhaps why tonally Marvel started this trailer with a more somber/dramatic feel before ending it with the funny line "change the name?". I've no doubt the film will have the trademark Marvel humor and future trailers will showcase that but despite the haters who want to mock the name it's only mocked cause he's not that well known yet. As a property the character isn't written inherently as a comedic piece(not with Pym or Lang anyway[see:Eric O'Grady])

The are doing what they should and saving the debut of the antagonist and shots of him as Yellowjacket for future trailers. Not to mention more action oriented shots.

I'd give the trailer about a B/B- grade.

Its not just haters mocking the name, ants just arent that cool imo, I wouldn't want to be a super hero called Ant Man. This could be the movie to change that though with a new generation of kids, who knows.

Its not just haters mocking the name, ants just arent that cool imo, I wouldn't want to be a super hero called Ant Man. This could be the movie to change that though with a new generation of kids, who knows.

the only kids who would want to be Antman are little perverts who would like to be small enough to hide under womens skirts or sneak under their door at night whilst they take a shower.

the only kids who would want to be Antman are little perverts who would like to be small enough to hide under womens skirts or sneak under their door at night whilst they take a shower.

wgWgqsE.png

I'm surprised at the tone of the trailer, since I'd have expected something more comedic given the origins of the film and then going with another comedy director to finish the movie.  It doesn't make sense to market the film as something it's not, so I guess this movie is going to be a more serious movie with the usual bits of light humor (ie most MCU movies) as opposed to something like GOTG.

• Like 1

I'm surprised at the tone of the trailer, since I'd have expected something more comedic given the origins of the film and then going with another comedy director to finish the movie. It doesn't make sense to market the film as something it's not, so I guess this movie is going to be a more serious movie with the usual bits of light humor (ie most MCU movies) as opposed to something like GOTG.

The humor that was in the trailer reminded me very much of the humor you can find in The Dark Knight Trilogy actually.

• Like 1

I thought it might be a more comedic film, given the hunt for comedy directors, but I'm fine with it not being that. The trailer was pretty meh, didn't really hype me up at all like Guardians' trailer did (though to be fair, that was a particularly fantastic trailer). It reminded me of The Incredible Hulk actually.

Also, I swear Paul Rudd looks a lot like Ben Affleck in some of these shots... more than he usually does.

The humor that was in the trailer reminded me very much of the humor you can find in The Dark Knight Trilogy actually.

wait, this cant be. I actually agreed with something you said. It is true, like Michael Caine in TDK trailer

Caine: Will you be taking the batmobile sir?

The one and only Batfuckingman:   Middle of the day Alfred, not very subtle

Caine again:  Lamborghini then, much more subtle.

Something people haven't realised though, Rudd opens his mouth to speak in the trailer twice, both times were humorous. Im sure the final product will be full of it.

• Like 1

Something people haven't realised though, Rudd opens his mouth to speak in the trailer twice, both times were humorous. Im sure the final product will be full of it.

This is the only place where people don't think this will be a comedy.

• Like 2

Wait, so I just learned that some ants can fly??? I never knew that. :lol: is that what he was riding on? I thought it was a bee or hornet.

• Like 1

this site is just so behind.

Wait, so I just learned that some ants can fly??? I never knew that. :lol: is that what he was riding on? I thought it was a bee or hornet.

kelli kelli kelli, you need to go out an explore the world.

I'm being hopeful that the tone we got from the trailer is the one we get from the movie.

I'm being hopeful that the tone we got from the trailer is the one we get from the movie.

The only film that took itself very seriously in the MCU world was TIH which flopped so might aswell stop hoping

Every Marvel movie has this tone in trailers except Guardians of the Galaxy.

It is obviously gonna have lots of comedy.

• Like 2

Like.......

dora-the-explorer.jpg

Please don't.

The only film that took itself very seriously in the MCU world was TIH which flopped so might aswell stop hoping

But TIH was the best phase 1 film

But TIH was the best phase 1 film

No.

• Like 5