Orestes

Ant-Man | July 17, 2015 | 180.07m dom, 338.4m OS, Marvels 2nd biggest OW in China

45 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Tis that time of the year when Deadline puts together info from their "trust sources" and projects profitability.

No. 14 ‘Ant-Man’ – 2015 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament

http://deadline.com/2016/03/ant-man-profit-box-office-2015-marvel-paul-rudd-1201723544/

Not only was Ant-Man profitable, it also had a sterling 3.15 multi. The tiniest Avenger had some very long legs. Interestingly, the Russos said that Ant-Man tested high with audiences that have seen CW. That might be due to the boob-touching scene. :lol:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Not only was Ant-Man profitable, it also had a sterling 3.15 multi. The tiniest Avenger had some very long legs. Interestingly, the Russos said that Ant-Man tested high with audiences that have seen CW. That might be due to the boob-touching scene. :lol:

Paul just continuing the good work of Hayley.  :lol:

Great film and I am glad that it was a solid hit. I can't wait to see what Ant-Man & The Wasp bring!!

Interview with Edgar Wright: mostly about Baby Driver, but he explains for the first time why he walked away from Ant-Man:

Following early successes, Wright hit a couple speed bumps. He first turned his eye toward “Scott Pilgrim vs. the World,” a Universal Pictures collaboration that disappointed at the box office. Along the way he was developing “Ant-Man,” a bit of a dream project. But eventually he had to step away from that.

“The most diplomatic answer is I wanted to make a Marvel movie but I don’t think they really wanted to make an Edgar Wright movie,” Wright says. “I was the writer-director on it and then they wanted to do a draft without me, and having written all my other movies, that’s a tough thing to move forward. Suddenly becoming a director for hire on it, you’re sort of less emotionally invested and you start to wonder why you’re there, really.”

Not really telling us anything new there, but having finally seen Ant-Man I think it's a shame we never got Wright's take on it. The movie we ended up with is pure MCU conveyor belt bar a couple of standout sequences. 

There is a fascinating contradiction between Edgar Wright's winning and the fact that most MCU directors are coming back to the Marvel Studios fold for sequels.

-_-

Edited by The Futurist