Orestes

Ant-Man | July 17, 2015 | 180.07m dom, 338.4m OS, Marvels 2nd biggest OW in China

See the problem is if people here are laughing at the character, imagine what the GA are thinking. It is something that I think Marvel will be able to overcome, but this has a much harder task of bringing people in then the current Marvel fair. Quality wise this could easily be the best, but that doesn't matter to box office if people are turned off by the idea.

See the problem is if people here are laughing at the character, imagine what the GA are thinking.It is something that I think Marvel will be able to overcome, but this has a much harder task of bringing people in then the current Marvel fair. Quality wise this could easily be the best, but that doesn't matter to box office if people are turned off by the idea.

This is probably playing into Marvel's decision to release the test reel, I would bet.

A lot of you probably don't realize that Ant-man is the precursor to Giant-man. If they can pull off Ant-man, Giant-man becomes much more plausible.

Not to mention the fact that in the comics, Henry Pym is the founding member of The AVENGERS, so they have to include him.. Can't believe it's taking this long to bring to the screen.. Edgar Wright needs to shit or get off the pot and get this done..

This movie probably wont break 100m..(and b4 you start with the jokes, no, i aint talking about OW)

Edited by Don Niam The Stingray

See the problem is if people here are laughing at the character, imagine what the GA are thinking.

The people cracking jokes are just people who don't know the character or his place in the source material. That proves nothing but ignorance.He's not even on GA radar as of right now, nor are GotG. When they enter production the GA who pays some attention will begin forming opinions.
  • Like 1

The people cracking jokes are just people who don't know the character or his place in the source material. That proves nothing but ignorance.

He's not even on GA radar as of right now, nor are GotG. When they enter production the GA who pays some attention will begin forming opinions.

This.. If the average poster here would do their research on this to begin with, they'd understand that this character isn't anymore silly than John Blake revealing his real name in TDKR as ROBIN and I only knew that from reading spoliers and complaints about this for the end of Nolan's latest opus..

The general public will rightfully laugh in the face of this. And so will I. Its called Ant-Man. Lets say that again. Ant... Man... Its stupid and its silly. Batman I get. Bats are cool, creatures of the night. Spider-Man I get. Spiders are the fiercest killers in the insect kingdom. Iron Man I get. Iron has a Young's modulus of 211 GPa. But ants?! I mean, at least call it Killer Ant-Man, or Army Ant-Man. Marvel is getting lazy and need to stop resting on their laurels. The Avengers was 6 months ago people! Every fucking C or D list comic character don't need to get their own movie. Just like every genre classic don't need to be remade. End of message. Stingray signing out.

The general public will rightfully laugh in the face of this. And so will I. Its called Ant-Man. Lets say that again. Ant... Man... Its stupid and its silly. Batman I get. Bats are cool, creatures of the night. Spider-Man I get. Spiders are the fiercest killers in the insect kingdom. Iron Man I get. Iron has a Young's modulus of 211 GPa. But ants?! I mean, at least call it Killer Ant-Man, or Army Ant-Man. Marvel is getting lazy and need to stop resting on their laurels. The Avengers was 6 months ago people! Every fucking C or D list comic character don't need to get their own movie. Just like every genre classic don't need to be remade. End of message. Stingray signing out.

So because you think it's a silly name, they shouldn't make the movie, written and directed by Edgar Wright?

Posted Image

So because you think it's a silly name, they shouldn't make the movie, written and directed by Edgar Wright?

Its a silly concept, a C or D list comic book character. Its milking.

Well before you sign out, do understand that this is what made The AVENGERS as successful as it was: BUILDUP and AWARENESS in the solo character movies.. ANT-MAN really isn't anymore ridiculous than a character named BLACK WIDOW.. BUILD UP for Phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is what will put this over, plus a damn good trailer.. Throw S.H.I.E.L.D in with the ANT-MAN movie and there you have it: Great Awareness and done so throughout time to allow moviegoers to know just who this is and to let it sink in...

Well before you sign out, do understand that this is what made The AVENGERS as successful as it was: BUILDUP and AWARENESS in the solo character movies.. ANT-MAN really isn't anymore ridiculous than a character named BLACK WIDOW.. BUILD UP for Phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is what will put this over, plus a damn good trailer.. Throw S.H.I.E.L.D in with the ANT-MAN movie and there you have it: Great Awareness and done so throughout time to allow moviegoers to know just who this is and to let it sink in...

That's what I'm saying. I don't mind this Ant-Man character popping up in Avengers 2 or in Cap 2 or any other bigger Marvel character's movie. But giving him his own movie is just as ridiculous as giving Hawkeye or Black Widow their own movies, as you pointed out.
  • Like 1

That's what I'm saying. I don't mind this Ant-Man character popping up in Avengers 2 or in Cap 2 or any other bigger Marvel character's movie. But giving him his own movie is just as ridiculous as giving Hawkeye or Black Widow their own movies, as you pointed out.

But they have to do it this way, otherwise, just springing him up in the AVENGERS 2 will confuse that average moviegoer just who the hell this is.. Giving him his own movie with S.H.I.E.L.D tied in and one of the other AVENGERS characters will put this ovie over greatly.. Having Pym working on ULTRON in this movie as a pet project of his, then having ULTRON turn on him in the AVENGERS 2 would be sweet, then Pym joins the AVENGERS and battles this character.. In the 3rd movie, ULTRON would then create VISION( with Coulson as VISION if their smart) and have VISION turn on ULTRON and join the AVENGERS to battle it out with THANO'S.. I should be helping Whedon write this shit.. :P
  • Like 1

I don't know. I just think that Warner Bros. is much better at handling these sort of things. The only creative mistake they have made in the past was to cast Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze. What Marvel should do is hire Jonathan Nolan to write & direct The Avengers 2. That way he can inject some gravitas into the proceedings, make it more poignant and relevant to the world we currently live in. Joss Whedon can still be on board but in the capacity of executive producer. Furthermore, Disney should allow Warner Bros. to at least handle the international distribution of the film. I've already submitted these suggestions to Marvel's offices in New York, but what do you guys think?

I don't know. I just think that Warner Bros. is much better at handling these sort of things. The only creative mistake they have made in the past was to cast Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze. What Marvel should do is hire Jonathan Nolan to write & direct The Avengers 2. That way he can inject some gravitas into the proceedings, make it more poignant and relevant to the world we currently live in. Joss Whedon can still be on board but in the capacity of executive producer. Furthermore, Disney should allow Warner Bros. to at least handle the international distribution of the film. I've already submitted these suggestions to Marvel's offices in New York, but what do you guys think?

I'm glad you're not in charge of anything.

I'm glad you're not in charge of anything.

But I will be one day. Warner Bros. head of distribution. I have a good 10-year plan already worked out.
  • Like 1

But I will be one day. Warner Bros. head of distribution. I have a good 10-year plan already worked out.

Good luck with that.

:rofl: No Don.. Just NO to this.. Why on earth would you want to replace Whedon, a man responsible for this movie becoming the #3 grossing movie of all time beating out all 3 of Nolan's BATMAN movies domestically??? You don't replace a writer/director who's made your movie 623M Domestically with a Nolan.. Sorry, but that was a true definition of an EPIC FAIL on your part..

A part of what DON also doesn't understand while saying he understands names like Batman or Spiderman is the character as it relates to his name. Bats and Spiders have a certain inherent fear factor associated with them, even when only ONE is around.

Ants are resourceful, like spiders able to lift and endure more than their frame/body appears, the have ingenuity, they are builders and when attacked fierce.

Hank Pym as a scientist is a builder, a creator and resourceful individual. That ingenuity allows him to decrypt and understand the communication of ants thus allowing him to command them, not to unlike a queen of the colony. Ants are scary in swarms which is why when you do see them doing damage is a frightful notion that something so small did that.

The recreation of the test footage showed how one person utilizing those skills alone can be a force to be reckoned with.

Toss in Hank's other costumed identities, Vision, Ultron, Wasp and it's clear why he's regarded as a character to not laugh at.

It's become clear to me that the same people who laugh at Aquaman are laughing at Ant-Man and that they know nothing. Have no desire to overcome their ignorance and that is the sad commentary. If these people stay stuck on their misinformed ideas on something as trivial as this what else of real importance in the world are they not researching and educating themselves on.

• Like 2

A part of what DON also doesn't understand while saying he understands names like Batman or Spiderman is the character as it relates to his name. Bats and Spiders have a certain inherent fear factor associated with them, even when only ONE is around.

Ants are resourceful, like spiders able to lift and endure more than their frame/body appears, the have ingenuity, they are builders and when attacked fierce.

Hank Pym as a scientist is a builder, a creator and resourceful individual. That ingenuity allows him to decrypt and understand the communication of ants thus allowing him to command them, not to unlike a queen of the colony. Ants are scary in swarms which is why when you do see them doing damage is a frightful notion that something so small did that.

The recreation of the test footage showed how one person utilizing those skills alone can be a force to be reckoned with.

Toss in Hank's other costumed identities, Vision, Ultron, Wasp and it's clear why he's regarded as a character to not laugh at.

It's become clear to me that the same people who laugh at Aquaman are laughing at Ant-Man and that they know nothing. Have no desire to overcome their ignorance and that is the sad commentary. If these people stay stuck on their misinformed ideas on something as trivial as this what else of real importance in the world are they not researching and educating themselves on.

:bravo:Bravo!! Especially that part about AQUAMAN.. That is so true and merely comes across as someone simply preferring DC Comics over MARVEL in general.. At least, that's the way I'm reading it.. Is that true Don?? You prefer DC over MARVEL??? :popcorn: