Impact

CAYOM Year 3-Oscar picks

People pushing Olivia Wilde need to stop. She does almost nothing in Genesis aside from looking confused and disturbed, walking around perturbed, running from a random kidnapping attempt, etc.Ugh, I'm really fighting this Genesis train now.

Eh. I just needed someone to fill in the fifth slot there. There were hardly any names listed in the FYC and I looked through some of the better films of the year over in the Part 1 thread but couldn't really find anyone there either, so I just put her in. I couldn't care less myself.

Seemed more like a Peter Wier film to me.

I thought about him, but I don't like him much, or his work besides Master and Commander, and Dead Poets. Not sure why I opted for Daldry, but now I've kinda come to the informal decision that every year I play, there will be at least one Daldry directed film. :lol:

Eh. I just needed someone to fill in the fifth slot there. There were hardly any names listed in the FYC and I looked through some of the better films of the year over in the Part 1 thread but couldn't really find anyone there either, so I just put her in. I couldn't care less myself.

^ this.

If I knew it was him I probably would of not had it do as much :P Lets just say he is not liked around here ;)

I can tell, especially not after EL&IC. (Extremely Long and Incredibly Condescending) :P Edited by riczhang

I can tell, especially not after EL&IC. (Extremely Long and Incredibly Condescending) :P

He is not a liked guy and his films are apparently pretty boring so I have a hard time picturing him doing a filim like that. It seemed like something Ridley Scott could of done also. (Robin Hood should of been nominated for something)Still I hope I can get some major wins and more nominations :P

He is not a liked guy and his films are apparently pretty boring so I have a hard time picturing him doing a filim like that. It seemed like something Ridley Scott could of done also. (Robin Hood should of been nominated for something)Still I hope I can get some major wins and more nominations :P

I had Ridley Scott doing it, until I saw Prometheus, and i'll leave it at that. :P

Well I have not been nominated for picture since year 26 in the old CAYOM...so yeah this is a big deal for me :P

I think I might've gotten a picture nom, which is completely unexpected for me this being my first year. Daldry coming close, or getting one is probably the biggest surprise for me, I never expected him to get in.

Yep. I lost in the last year by a tiebreaker....that happened to be between me and someone elses film and the guy who broke the tiebreaker made the other film.