Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

WOM will be good but won't be near TDK. I thought movie was very good especially the ending but it has flaws, that will hurt the WOM.

I think it'll be good enough to give it a good multiplierTDK had one of the best WOM ever...maybe the best since Titanic?...on that scale TDKR should have a very very good WOM capable of giving it legs.

So 77.2M is the number right now...... decent but only just.Was there another number before this???..... because judging by the reaction it seems there was a very low number........

There was a 70M number...

Anyone arguing with Baumer over the Joker interest is either in denial or delusional. Just look at the numbers from the previous films.Batman 89- $251,000,000/$464,000,000 adjustedReturns- $162,000,000/$264,000,000 adjustedForever- $184,000,000/$277,000,000 adjustedB&R- $107,000,000/$152,000,000 adjustedBegins- $205,000,000/$240,000,000 adjustedTDK - $533,000,000/$568,000,000 adjustedObviously throw out Batman and Robin because it was terrible, but if you take the non Joker films, all of them were in similar range for adjusted gross income. Now, today I prefer Returns to '89, but when I was a kid watching them I was kinda disappointed in Returns and I remember that sentiment from critics and friends too, so maybe that cut into the BO a bit, but for all intents and purposes all of them, including Begins (yes I know B&R played a part in the lower BO) were in the same ballpark. Compare Batman '89 adjusted to TDK adjusted and you can't deny a Ledger curiosity factor in there. So at this point it looks like this movie is going to blow away every other non Joker entry in the series and probably wind up at '89's adjusted or a bit over that. Unless your expectations were crazy there is nothing wrong with that.

The opening weekends only got bigger from Batman '89 to Forever.

Its the 7th biggest Non Midnight friday but out of the top ten in ticket sales.TA: 62 millionSpider Man 3: 49.8TDK: 48.6 millionTHG: 47.5 millionDH2: 47.5 millionDMC: 46.8 millionTDKR: 46.6 millionNew Moon: 46.4 millionTF2: 46 million

Those rankings can change A LOT with actuals.

I think we should wait until Monday to officially have a meltdown. WB isn't reporting grosses, rentrack isn't reporting WW grosses, so they and Nikki are basically guessing ATM. I expect a bigger number than what's being reported. No doubt that there was a huge impact from the events, though. If that 30M midnight said anything, its Fri number would have been much bigger

Yes, hopefully, yes and yes.

Posted Image

This kind of nice picture bugs me a little.

What's next? Tshirt or poster on the wall?

Typical of US culture, in a way.

A real life tragedy get digested and transformed into symbol, pictogram, plastically nice pictures.

• Like 1

Get some fucking perspective. One of the biggest mass shootings in American history occurred yesterday at a screening of The Dark Knight Rises. Excuse me if I don't think $77 million is a terrible opening.Jesus Christ people.

that's not the point. I was referring to all the people who are saying "Oh, TDKR is performing exactly it should be performing". Pointing out the Friday number minus midnights is extremely low

"Those rankings can change A LOT with actuals."Rankings are not important as many of those numbers are older openers from 2+ years ago.It needs to outperform TDK over the rest of the weekend to get 170 million.

Its the 7th biggest Non Midnight friday but out of the top ten in ticket sales.TA: 62 millionSpider Man 3: 49.8TDK: 48.6 millionTHG: 47.5 millionDH2: 47.5 millionDMC: 46.8 millionTDKR: 46.6 millionNew Moon: 46.4 millionTF2: 46 million

This list just makes SM3's eventul multiplier seem terrible to me. Oh why did it disappoint...

Thanks for these datas.Under "old" DMC is quite shocking.These hunger games are really huge. Crazy.

This has become the biggest "What if" of our generation? We'll never really know how much shootings effected TDKR on OD/OW and after.

$30m in midnights and $47m for the rest of the day kind of speaks for itself.