Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I think WB can help with the healing by sending the entire TDKR team to Aurora. This would definitely help the families deal with the massacre.

Wouldn't the families of the deceased be wanting to just forget about the damn film right now? It would be a good gesture but it would do nothing but just bring back memories for the families now. Mayabe they can come whena memorial or something is built...but even then...it's a tricky situation.

What if the WOM just isn't that solid and people stay away because of that?

It's a heavy movie, almost anti-escapist in its way, and probably has the strangest structure of any superhero film ever. But people seem to like it if social media is anything to go by.I actually have no idea what legs will be like.

What if the WOM just isn't that solid and people stay away because of that?

My wife and I thought the movie was average at best. Most of the people we know have complained about its pacing and poor staging of action. One of the common complaints I heard from my friends was that while the scale of the action is huge, but the action itself was not very exciting. Edited by jb007
  • Like 1

My wife and I thought the movie was average at best. Most of the people we know have complained about its pacing and poor staging of action. One of the common complaints I heard from my friends was that while the scale of the action is huge, but the action itself was not very exciting.

Poor staging of action? Of all the things.
  • Like 1

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/07/21/dark-knight-rises-no-box-office-today/

In light of the tragic shootings in Aurora, Colo., Hollywood has followed Warner Brothers’ lead and will not be reporting box office numbers today. It is unclear which studios will release weekend grosses tomorrow, though EW has confirmed that at least one of the major ones has plans to do so.

Late on Friday, Warner Brothers released this statement: “Out of respect for the victims and their families, Warner Bros. Pictures will not be reporting box office numbers for The Dark Knight Rises throughout the weekend. Box office numbers will be released on Monday.”

This morning a rep for Disney said, “Disney will not be reporting box office data at this time in light of the tragedy in Colorado.” A rep for Sony had a similar message: “We’re joining our colleagues at Warner Bros. and not reporting grosses during this period of mourning.”

Going into the weekend, all eyes were on The Dark Knight Rises, which was set to challengeThe Avengers‘ box office record. Now official numbers for the film, which earned an “A” CinemaScore grade, will have to wait until Monday.

It's a heavy movie, almost anti-escapist in its way, and probably has the strangest structure of any superhero film ever. But people seem to like it if social media is anything to go by.I actually have no idea what legs will be like.

Yes WOM by casual fans has been great, judging by Facebook and Twitter. I don't know where this mediocre WOM story is coming from...

My wife and I thought the movie was average at best. Most of the people we know have complained about its pacing and poor staging of action. One of the common complaints I heard from my friends was that while the scale of the action is huge, but the action itself was not very exciting.

You've got to be kidding me. Poor staging of action? Not very exciting?

Very valid argument.

At least you can see what's happening.

Oh yeah. Several hand to hand combat action scenes are just awesome? If I wanted fantastic hand to hand combat sequences, I would go re watch any one of he three Bourne movies. Edited by jb007
  • Like 1