Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

For my part, I will have seen TDKR three times before the weekend is over, and want to see it two more times before it is out of theaters. There, I make up for four people who decided to stay home.

The more I think about her the more I loved her role in the movie. I just wish she was in it a bit more.

This and, based from some, not enough Batman too.

The 160 minutes of this movie are made of what, then?

I said it yesterday and I will say it again:I can't believe this might effin' lose to THG and SM3!

Since I'm a guy that always looks on the bright side of things, atleast this put a stake through all the Nolanites and their egos. The meltdowns are gonna be epic. I might even check out the turd plated imdb forums on Monday.

Really? No, I don't see that happening really. I know it has competition and whatnot, but wouldn't the market be affected in general?

If there is any kind of major shooting impact, it will only decrease as time goes on and media coverage dies down. Out of sight, out of mind. By that time, TDKR has been out in theaters for multiple weeks. Die-hard fans will have already gone to see the film, and the casual crowd now has further options of TBL and TE2, which will just be coming out. I just don't see how TDKR's legs are helped in any scenario is there is indeed a negative impact on OW from the shooting. We'll see though.

AA, what did you think of TDKR?

As I said earlier, I'm really reserving judgment until after I see it again. I had just found out about what had happened in Colorado before I watched it. It was hard to get into the film. But I did love the ending and teared up in a couple parts so I'm sure it's at least up there with BB.

I always thought this about TDKR chances at the OW record.When I did weekend projections for TDKR, I always had it falling well below TA on Sat and Sunday.So I knew it would not break the record and the reason was that it could be 15 million ahead of TA on Friday but would lose that over the weekend.That was my logic against TDKR having the ability to beat TA

I always thought this about TDKR chances at the OW record.When I did weekend projections for TDKR, I always had it falling well below TA on Sat and Sunday.So I knew it would not break the record and the reason was that it could be 15 million ahead of TA on Friday but would lose that over the weekend.That was my logic against TDKR having the ability to beat TA

Tracking means little and should not be used as a crutch...it can and has been off on many other blockbusters in the past. I am basing my opinion of the shooting's impact on industry professionals, who have repeatedly said the impact is minimal, and my own belief that this film was being heavily over-predicted prior to release. I won't debate the Ledger point because neither one of us will change our opinion on its TDK impact.

I'm not trying to debate the Ledger point because I simply don't see why it would have any impact on the opening. Total, maybe. But the effect would be very minimal on the film's built-in fanbase. I don't know what industry professionals you're referring to besides Nikki, whose credibility is inarguably in the crapper. 30M midnights for a comic book film do not lead to 47M in day business in any universe.

If it barely makes 20M on the weekend, it dont have an effect. I doubt people are going to be running to go to more violent films after this tragedy.

I think you touch on a point that hasn't been addressed too much: while yes, some people will skip TDKR because it is the movie associated with the tragedy, and yes, some people are going to be skipping movie theaters in general for awhile, there are also those who don't want to watch a violent movie of any kind right now. Does anyone remember the Red Dragon debacle in 2002? Similar situation.

I think a ton of people felt the same way. There was no way for TDKR to match TA's Sat/Sun. 70m Sat...almost not even possible with no 3D.