Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Wow.. The bad news just keeps on comming

I am saying it for sometime already. Saturday and Sunday numbers will be quite bad. Presales are saving it. There are almost no walkups.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sunday stayed basically flat with Saturday. Maybe people will gradually start going back by tomorrow. At this point though all that would help with is getting to 160. Just a mess.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sunday stayed basically flat with Saturday. Maybe people will gradually start going back by tomorrow. At this point though all that would help with is getting to 160. Just a mess.

$160M sounds heck of a lot better than $150M. At least $160M beats SM3, THG, and TDK unadjusted...

3. The Amazing Spider-Man (Columbia/Sony) Week 3 [3,753 Theaters]

Friday $3.3M, Weekend $11.4M, Cume $229.1M

Some minor solace in this time of tragedy.

Edited by Sims

Could we see it postponed?

Most likely not, Expendables 2 is still a month away, this will have died down a bit since then.I don't really think this shooting has had as much as an effect as most people think. I think this just shows that Batman isn't very big without the Joker. Even the last film with the Joker was by far the biggest. Plus, then of course you had heath ledger's death and the fact that TDK was an excellent film.

That won't happen because the media has begun brainwashing the story into the minds of general audiences. The longer they broadcast this story, the worse the box office industry gets.

3. The Amazing Spider-Man (Columbia/Sony) Week 3 [3,753 Theaters]

Friday $3.3M, Weekend $11.4M, Cume $229.1M

Some minor solace in this time of tragedy.

WTF? It completely collapsed! :o
  • Like 1

So I had thought, If movie theaters begin to permanently have security and metal detectors, would that mean that movie ticket prices would increase because they would probably charge us a "security fee"? Similar to airline tickets and their "9/11 fee"

Having seen it I honestly think it would have dipped hard on saturday even without the shooting. It`s a different movie from TDK. Kudos to Nolan for not making a bigger version of the same but I cna imagine it isn`t what people expected it to be. It wasn`t what I expected it to be despite seeing all footage etc.