Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Anyone who claims that the shootings have had little to no impact on TDKR's BO this weekend are blowing smoke up their ass. Plain and simple.

I have to agree with this.The shooting had a huge effect.

Anyone who claims that the shootings have had little to no impact on TDKR's BO this weekend are blowing smoke up their ass. Plain and simple.

Can you find me anyone here who says that they are having no effect? I'm simply saying that there are other reasons (as well) to contribute to the lower than expected numbers.

Can you find me anyone here who says that they are having no effect? I'm simply saying that there are other reasons (as well) to contribute to the lower than expected numbers.

It depends on how you define our expectations. If you're considering 200M+ record numbers to be the general consensus, that's possible. If you consider the "conservative" 180M predictions to be the consensus, then no, there is literally no other reason for the disappointing numbers.

Based off what, exactly? Because it's not looking that way right now...

But none of us has anything to base it on. We have no numbers.
  • Like 1

There is no other reason. A superhero film that made 30m midnights should be doing gangbusters this weekend. Not the case. Great WOM, got an "A" Cinemascore, etc. Everything was going the films way until this happened. Edited by blackspider

But none of us has anything to base it on. We have no numbers.

We have notfabio's report that this is 'nowhere near DH2's business'.DH2 did 42m on Saturday. That suggest sub 40m could even be possible. We have to go by something, right? I want it to top 45m just as much as anyone else.

Where do you live? Because if it's not in the United States you too fall into the category of being completely out of touch with how huge of an impact the shootings are having on its ow/box office.

I got back to my parents' house this afternoon and my dad was watching CNN. Still heavily covering this story. Yesterday I heard old ladies at work talking about it and they referenced the film in a negative light. They never had any interest in seeing the movie, but now they're talking about it for the wrong reason. Imagine how this is going with casual audiences who were interested in possibly watching it. As I said, the film got nuked.

If it misses $40m today i'll agree the shootings had a big effect. But it's not gonna miss it, no way. $45m at least.

He said sales were well behind DH2 and it only made 42.4M so TDKR will have to have good increase in night business to match DH2 much less the 45M you're talking about.When the number comes in at 39-40M, you'll still say shooting had minimal to no effect. :rolleyes:
  • Like 1

- 260+ pages. Will miss 300 because of sleep.- Could this thread pages count finish OVER TDKR dom total?- Batman AND Spiderman are in theatre and we are talking about IM2? Whatthehell?- Top3 summer only made of superheroes... a first?- Savages will finish under 50M.- DON'T WANT a postponed TheExpendables2.