Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Apparently I'm about to throw my computer across the room because I'm so pesky about insisting people back up their arguments. Yawn. The debates on the other side have been pathetic.

So xiayun predicts 43 mil today...

Not bad, considering some of the more hysterical numbers people have been throwing around today. Let's wait and see, but Xiayun is better than just about anyone here in terms of box office projection. Edited by nAlkaline

Just wanted to say that the best 2D weekend of all-time is nothing to sneeze at. If it does get 170, where does that put it at in terms of admissions vs. Avengers? It has to be pretty close. Besides the tragedy, I think the less-than-ecstatic reviews played a small part too. Adults who would not normally see a batman movie were curious about TDK because of all the 4 star reviews. This film seemed to receive a lot of 3 star reviews...not enough to make the casual moviegoer consider it a "must see". Avengers was a beast in part because of the critical adulation.

Just wanted to say that the best 2D weekend of all-time is nothing to sneeze at. If it does get 170, where does that put it at in terms of admissions vs. Avengers? It has to be pretty close.Besides the tragedy, I think the less-than-ecstatic reviews played a small part too. Adults who would not normally see a batman movie were curious about TDK because of all the 4 star reviews. This film seemed to receive a lot of 3 star reviews...not enough to make the casual moviegoer consider it a "must see". Avengers was a beast in part because of the critical adulation.

We're speculating whether TDKR will make more than even SM3 right now.