Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I'm not just pissed at the shooter, I'm also disappointed in American public for buying into this crap and avoiding the movies because of it. Didn't we learn anything from 9/11? You can't let those idiots intimidate you. Right below my rage for the shooter is my anger towards the media though. Just despicable the way they are treating this story.

• Like 4

Posted this earlier, but today I was at an insurance office buying insurance for my truck, the agent overheard me talking about the movie with my brother and asked if it was good. After I told him it was incredible, he asked "you aren't scared to go to that movie after this weekend?" I said no and he just sighed. It's affecting real people. Anyway, I can already feel my desire to continue following box office tapering off. Catch you guys on the flip side. Will be checking in to the site from time to time. Maybe... The numbers rebound and my dumbass comes back for a taste. :lol:

tracking sat has it very close to DH2, in NY its above THG/DH2, evenings will tell, In UK TDKR 1st 2days will very close to what TA did in first 3 days

Good news about UK at least...thanks.

I'm not just pissed at the shooter, I'm also disappointed in American public for buying into this crap and avoiding the movies because of it. Didn't we learn anything from 9/11? You can't let those idiots intimidate you. Right below my rage for the shooter is my anger towards the media though. Just despicable the way they are treating this story.

It isn't just fear of being shot. It's the bleak tone of the film and the fact that it portrays numerous terrorist acts in a serious manner. People don't want to watch that kind of stuff knowing that a real terrorist act happened during a TDKR show.

Posted this earlier, but today I was at an insurance office buying insurance for my truck, the agent overheard me talking about the movie with my brother and asked if it was good. After I told him it was incredible, he asked "you aren't scared to go to that movie after this weekend?" I said no and he just sighed.It's affecting real people.

My mom already told she wouldn't let me go and see the movie if I lived in America. FFS what the hell is wrong with people?! They must not let these type of things intimidate them!

Yeah, it sucks, but that's their livelihood. This sensationalism has always and will always be a part of the media's modus operandi. I think the disappointment should be almost exclusively pointed at the American public. Not only is it somewhat cowardly, it's incredibly illogical...but that is to be expected, I suppose.The brutally bleak tone of the film does not help it in any way as well. Edited by nAlkaline

Mods, could you say to Fishnets to stop the spoilers on TDKR ???This is getting irritating ...She even spoils in non TDKR threads.Make her stop ASAP.Remember : strictly enforced ???THank you very much.

tracking sat has it very close to DH2, in NY its above THG/DH2, evenings will tell, In UK TDKR 1st 2days will very close to what TA did in first 3 days

So 43M was a fairly accurate projection base on matinees then. And amazing in te UK.

A 25% average drop in attendance post-midnights (from TDK) means that the media's sensationalism and talking down to people was effective one more time. I'm not saying that they wanted this result, it just seems to be the only way they know how to cover stories. And it's depressing and terrible.

• Like 1

Mods, could you say to Fishnets to stop the spoilers on TDKR ???This is getting irritating ...She even spoils in non TDKR threads.Make her stop ASAP.Remember : strictly enforced ???THank you very much.

WTF? Why are you people ganging up on me and trying to get me banned? I whitened out the damn word which isn`t even a big spoiler, WTF now?