Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I agree with you on some level. But what about the promo of EXP2, won't studios and tv channels try to be more sensitive with violent movies like that? Will they still air over the top violent promotion for it? And add the fact that Sly lost his son recently, I'm sure a movie where hundreds die in it seems kind of weird/wrong to him, or at least not as fun/exciting.

You make a good point. I think the greatest detraction from TE2's box office potential will be the possible decrease in marketing as a result of the film's violent content. Of course, the rationale behind this is ridiculous but unavoidable. It should be interesting to follow.

Apparently there are still people without a brain here :lol:

Spiderman was gonna drop really hard this weekend no matter what because of TDKR. The shooting had minimal effect on TDKR's OW. I know I'm gonna get dog piled for this by a bunch of Batman people but this movie didn't have nearly as much going for it as TDK. Edited by Shpongle
  • Like 1

Wait what? Cancel the entire release? That's like 50m bucks at least.... If that's true, WB lawyers and braintrust must be trying to figure out a way to sue this guy out of potential income :lol:

I'm not sure but that's what I heard. The problem before was how to convince the Chinese officials not to release the film against TASM there. But now, it's just all TASM.

Spiderman was gonna drop really hard this weekend no matter what because of TDKR. The shooting had minimal effect on TDKR's OW. I know I'm gonna get dog piled for this buy a bunch of Batman people but this movie didn't have nearly as much going for it as TDK.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt
  • Like 1

Spiderman was gonna drop really hard this weekend no matter what because of TDKR. The shooting had minimal effect on TDKR's OW. I know I'm gonna get dog piled for this by a bunch of Batman people but this movie didn't have nearly as much going for it as TDK.

Numbers tell another story. Every movie is decreasing more than expected with the new updates. I wasn't even talking about TASM! Edited by CJohn

Alright, we'll see where Batman finishes at then in a month. I bet its gonna be very frontloaded compared to TDK.

We don't know if the shooting is going to affect all his run. We will never know.

TDKR's run will always be a giant 'what if?' That said, it's definitely not a family-friendly movie. It may be one of the most bleak massive budget movies ever made, actually.

We don't know if families would see the movie or not. Again, it is a big 'What if?'.

I would love to see a blockbuster film in that theater.Note to self- get your ass to London for November 2013.

There's a bunch of quality theaters in the West End. Sampled a bunch of them when I was in London January-May 2009 for study abroad. The Leicester Square cinemas were very nice but also pricey (though in general theater tickets in London were hella expensive).

I overreacted and I will watch Batman and Robin in Korean without subtitles for my sin.

Making it easy on yourself, are you?

Also, this weekend is goddamn BO history in the making. You may not like it but damn, we're witnessing something almost unprecedented in the history of US cinema.