Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it but imo this is not even in the same vernacular as TDK and it was never going to be. It was handcuffed from the beginning. TDK is a miracle in that it imo is one of the most perfect films ever made. TDKR is a mess, plain and simple.

Eh, I think TDKR is better than TDK as well.

Yes. Check my prediction in the summer game that was made in May. 465 mill.

I'm not discussing overall total I'm talking the OW we are witnessing. I predicted $185M on Thursday.As far as I'm concerend all those other factors go out the window as they do not explain the drop in admissions for OW.

Eh, I think TDKR is better than TDK as well.

Again, you are entitled to your opinion and I'm not going to try and change it. I just vehemently disagree with you. :)
  • Like 3

I'm not discussing overall total I'm talking the OW we are witnessing. I predicted $185M on Thursday.As far as I'm concerend all those other factors go out the window as they do not explain the drop in admissions for OW.

no joker.Next

I have no idea what you wrote there. Nor did I say I "love it to but". I said I liked it overall and then went into why RT would count that as a positive review, even though I had criticisms.

And that leads to my point. I've read plenty of "positive" reviews on RT that were actually rather scathing of a movie. However, RT considered it an overall positive review. So that makes it yet another "fresh" review, even though there was plenty of criticism. RT has really just two categories - fresh or rotten. And unless the critic gives it a grade or stars, RT will judge whether the review is "fresh" or not. So even a 2.5 star movie could be considered "fresh" even though the critic attacks the film.

As for IMDb, I stand by my comments. The vast majority of those ratings were done BEFORE the movie came out. It's not unusual, I've seen this for every highly anticipated movie. Fans of the series rank the film a 9 or 10 even though they haven't seen it. Hence, early on the film is skewed very high. But once really people start seeing the film, the rating will drop.

there are 11 Positive reviews on RT which were scathing but still gave positive, out of 200+ . hardly many if any.

lolThis is a pointless conversation.Its pretty much arguing if Spider Man 3 or TDK sold more tickets opening weekend.Its been what 4 years and that still has not been settled.

Edited by Lordmandeep

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it but imo this is not even in the same vernacular as TDK and it was never going to be. It was handcuffed from the beginning. TDK is a miracle in that it imo is one of the most perfect films ever made. TDKR is a mess, plain and simple.

except thats opinion and I know from everyones views here and outside, its in a low minority, Just because you think its a mess, plain and simple, doesnt mean the majority thinks so too. your review does not reflect box office prediction which seems to be based on your reviwe. plain and simple Edited by Hasan Ahmad

You guys can say all you want but anyone who says the lack of Joker in this film or the "underwhelming" trailers are the main reason for TDKR doing what it's doing is just utter bullshit.Did TPM have Vader? No, all it had was a prissy little bitch that was conceived ala Jesus. Yet people still drove out in full force on opening weekend? Why? Because of the goodwill of the OT. It's the same exact thing here.TDKR had nothing but insane hype and anticipation that exceeded even TDK. Bane and Catwoman created a HUGE amount of interest. Hell, there was a report that stated 87% of the people excited for TDKR were very intrigued by Bane's power. And I'm sure Selina Kyle garnered as much attention with both men AND women. Was $200m possible? Absolutely. $100m OD wasn't just possible, but probable. The shootings had a huge impact on the film's opening weekend. TDKR almost doubled The Avengers' midnight admissions. No comic book film does $30.6m at midnight then finish with $76.1m for the day unless there was a massive event. And there was.

• Like 11

except thats opinion and I know from everyones views here and outside, its in a low minority, Just because you think its a mess, plain and simple, doesnt mean the majority thinks so too. your review does not reflect box office prediction which seems to be based on your reviwe. plain and simple

I guess legs will tell if my opinion is agreed with or not. :)

Well I think one early sign to WOM is this.TDK is around 96% on Flixter.TDKR started at around 94% and has fallen to 93%.I think its one of the best meters for WOM as it has sooo many people rating the film.

no joker played 1% part. Hype was on par with TDK.

No it wasn't. End of story. Having said all of that, I'm off to see it a 2nd time. I hope I enjoy it more this time.