Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

The only people who really have a say here are people who were of a certain age in 1989. I was in my dad's testicle at the time and ready to fight for life, so I'm not in a position to say. I'd like to hear baumer's take.

• Like 6

The only people who really have a say here are people who were of a certain age in 1989. I was in my dad's testicle at the time and ready to fight for life, so I'm not in a position to say. I'd like to hear baumer's take.

Hilarious!

:D

Whoa, what's up with BOM? They haven't updated numbers since Thursday. That's unusual, and especially considering the magnitude of a film like TDKR.

The studios are withholding numbers so they don't look bad in light of the shooting.

I'm sure what everyone here is saying is true but the numbers speak for themselves. Edited by tribefan695

Is this true of all studios, or just of WB? BOM doesn't have numbers for any films, so I'm guessing all studios? Wow, I didn't know that.

All the majors, and the mini-majors from Weinstein, and Lionsgate to Sony, and Dreamworks are all not reporting until Monday.

The only people who really have a say here are people who were of a certain age in 1989.

Thank you. People who were too young to remember just how huge Batman was in 1989 should really just shut up because they have no clue what they're talking about.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Edited by riczhang

I was 9 in '89, and Batman was huge. It was opening the same summer as Indiana Jones 3 and Ghostbusters 2, and it dwarfed them (at least domestically.) I mean, just look at the opening weekends. Indiana set a new OW record at 29.3 mil, then Ghostbusters 2 just barely topped it by like 100k, then Batman just roflstomped them by 11 mil. That was huge. Edited by Orestes

Yea and I wish they would stop saying he had a "mental illness". That is BS. If this murderer was middle eastern they would call him a terrorist. If he was black they would label him a thug. White on the other hand means he is "mentally unstable". That's America for you.

Thank You, I didn't want to bring race it in but let's be honest. If he was Black or Muslim the reporting about his high grade point average would not be an issue. It was a terrorist act and he's a terrorist. He had bombs in his apartment meaning he was going blow up his apartment building. Also terrorism isn't always have to be for a political reason, that just one aspect.I know James Holmes going to a good college, getting his PHD, comes from a well off family doesn't fit the description that the media has banged in our heads about what a terrorist is since 9/11 but it's time for people to keep it real. Terrorist have no color, no religion, they just want to kill people and cause terror. This is what James did. I'm just disgusted with all the coverage about how smart he is an how mentally ill he is. Trayvon Martin got shot and they were calling him a Thug and he's a victim. This guys shoots 71 people and you are talking about his damn grade point average? I'm so sick of the media.
  • Like 1

Who is denying that Batman was huge? Not me.

Yeah but you're trying to compare Batman to The Dark Knight, when you only have the reference for one. Do you seriously not understand why you'd be unqualified to make such a comparison?

(just to add) Batman 89, while literally changing the movie marketing game, is still one of the most hyped movies ever, though it has been surpassed by a fair amount of flicks since (tpm, tdk, matrix reloaded, spiderman 3, rots come to mind) it's still a game changer in that department though

(just to add) Batman 89, while literally changing the movie marketing game, is still one of the most hyped movies ever, though it has been surpassed by a fair amount of flicks since (tpm, tdk, matrix reloaded, spiderman 3, rots come to mind) it's still a game changer in that department though

Now this is reasonable, and correct. :D