Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

It feels callous to even think about TDKR, but it's still a real shame. This should have been a really fun, crazy box office weekend to track. And it's started in the worst possible way.

TDKR was never going to set any records, but this terrible tragedy will pull in more people than it will push away due to morbid curiousity, much like Ledger's death did. It' s big news publicity that even money and WOM can't buy. What a horrible thing to happen. I hope there doesn't turn out to be any crazy connections to Bane.

Sorry didn't realize you already compiled a psych profile of the suspect. So glad you can inform us there was no connection to the movie.If you think these conversations aren't taking place then I don't know what else to say to you. The common response to terrorist-like incidents is to not let the fear override your daily life, but if a copycat does something similiar over the weekend then what would you say?That I should get rational?

Conversations like that are definitely taking place, sure. Doesn't mean they're not stupid...Copycats can act ANYTIME, during ANY movie. Pulling this movie is completely idiotic. A more "logical" step, going by YOUR so-called logic would be to shut down theaters completely, not to play ANY movie, not just TDKR.

How fast politicians issue statements about things like this is comical. No one cares about your condolences Mitt.

If he hadn't issued a statement liberal commentators would have called him callous. ;)

That's the visage of a SWAT team member, not a mass murderer.

It's both, chief.

People tend to use such gear when attempting domestic terrorism.

Really? Cool. Where else? Please cite specific examples. Thank you.

Fan costumes tend to be elaborate and, especially during the summer, when there tend to be few hiding places on normal clothes, act as a place of concealment.

So....you want the government to command you not to wear fan costumes because you're terrified that people conceal weapons in them. Then you should live in a nudist colony, because I can promise you it's very easy to conceal a gun in any clothing.What servility.People should be dressed as they choose. If you are terrified of the dudes dressed as Darth Vader or Gandolf at your local comic book convention....then just don't go, terrified dude. Edited by DavidBrennan

What did BKB say?

He said this:

And I'll tell ya: You know how I said this would get a WWW Thread if this was under 170M??? Well, if this happens, I'm withdrawing that from consideration out of just common courtesy.. This is terrible foliks, just terrible.. :sadno:

Dafuq?!

Someone said this killer should be given death penalty. I think that would be too easy for the killer.

He should rot in jail for the rest of his life.

His punishment should be more severe.

Do they still dish out life sentences with hard labor?

TDKR was never going to set any records, but this terrible tragedy will pull in more people than it will push away due to morbid curiousity, much like Ledger's death did. It' s big news publicity that even money and WOM can't buy. What a horrible thing to happen. I hope there doesn't turn out to be any crazy connections to Bane.

It has nothing to do with the movie directly. I don't know how one could come up with this connection.