Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Oh would you stop. You have downgraded from a troll to a opportunist. Get off your false high horse and stop posting.

Dude. I didn't sleep over this and my whole family is watching the news here in the living room. We are late to work and I'm schocked how people can think this way about ANYONE feeling bad over this. We have a fucking FELLOW USER here on the boards that lives in Denver. If this doesn't make you feel nothing, if it doesn't get you worried, if it doesn't MOVE you that fellow Batman fans are dead for trying to watch the film, I don't know what to say to you.Flame wars are PETTY AND OUT OF PLACE right now. And it should be forever this way.

America is VERY safe.Safest it's been ever. We just watch more TV and fixate on these statistical aberrations more than ever.http://reason.com/archives/2009/10/19/were-all-felons-nowAmerica's violent crime rate has PLUMMETED in the past 20 years. PLUMMETED.If you're worried about your life, let it be over your health and that fat you've got dangling over your waste, not these aberrational - though tragic (and interesting) news events.

• Like 2

Ahhh, Chris Rock, that psychology trained sensible man.Yeh we should turn to him for hope. :rolleyes:

Yes, Chris Rock's observation was very logical. If you want to defer to Dr. Drew or whatever resident TV psychologists, that's your business. Enjoy.

Ledger contributed to the box office because a) his performance was praised without end and B) because he had a tragic death.The idea that people were shot while they watched a Batman movie will hardly have the same positive effect.

And Ledger didn't die on OW.

Ahhh, Chris Rock, that psychology trained sensible man.Yeh we should turn to him for hope. :rolleyes:

Chris Rock is a fucking idiot. This is a guy that thinks the 4th of July is a white racist's holiday. That comment he made is hysterically dumb as well. Thanks Captain Obvious.

One more, a bunch of sports personalities are posting about one of the casualties “@MichelleDBeadle: One of those murdered in the theater was @JessicaRedfield. A funny Texas girl who was making her way in sports. A damn waste.”

https://twitter.com/JessicaRedfield

Girl looks like an angel.

JessicaRedfield

Of course we're seeing Dark Knight. Redheaded Texan spitfire, people should never argue with me.Maybe I should get in on those NHL talks...

@JessicaRedfield

@jessespector MOVIE DOESN'T START FOR 20 MINUTES

:( :( :(

This is fucked up.

America is VERY safe.Safest it's been ever. We just watch more TV and fixate on these statistical aberrations more than ever.

Doesn't change the fact that if guns were prohibited for purchase by ordinary people, this massacre would never happen. The "experts" try to blame violence in movies and video games, when really gun ownership is the real problem.
  • Like 2

Any person with a brain will instatntly realise that a country with so many guns in circulatgion can't be safe. If this incident doesn't lead to a revision of gun laws, I don't know what can. Massacres like this occur in the US on a regular basis.

There are more guns in the US than people. How scary is that. :huh:

If this guy loved Batman so much wouldn't he have wanted to have seen the movie before he shot up the place?

Maybe. Like I said, Fox jusy reported it was a working police theory, and it does seem to jive with the fact that he thought he was going to get away, scot free, and he chose this particular movie event (rather than any random Friday night). Normally, we'd all expect this to be a murder-suicide, or at least a would-be suicide by cop. But it clearly was not. This bolsters the police theory.