Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

To be fair, I've also heard from several, including CDK, who said it was fucking brilliant.

It kinda was. The previous two films had mediocre third acts, to be honest. The third act in this one is absolute perfection. Edited by tarantino666
  • Like 1

This completely overshadowed the film, I'm trying to think about the movie and it's kind of hazy, I really want to see it again. I'm going on Tuesday but I kind of wanna see it sooner. I'm really worried it will get worse on a second viewing..

Most people who've seen it twice said it got better the 2nd time.

It kinda was. The previous two films had mediocre third acts, to be honest. This one is absolute perfection.

I wouldnt say TDK had a mediocre third act, it was actually pretty good aside from the bit with the ferries. I think it had the best 3rd act of a SH movie ever until The Avengers came out. Edited by Orestes

I'm not saying this to be insensitive, but this will not affect me at all in terms of my enjoyment of the film. As someone else pointed out about 50 pages ago, there are mass slaughters and killings and tortures that happen every day in the world. Those don't stop us from travelling, getting drunk till we don't know our name, going to movies, buying cars or eating at The Outback Steakhouse. TDKR is one of a handful of films I've been really excited to see all year. One idiot who hates the world is not going to change that.

I agree, we shouldn't let one man ruin our lives but my enthusiasm has been completely tapered off.

Most people who've seen it twice said it got better the 2nd time.

I get the complaints though and at times last night it did feel long and bloated. I just hope it doesn't become a chore on repeat viewings ala Inception. Though TDKR has a significantly greater amount of action and less exposition, so I don't think it will be that extreme. The climax is clearly the best part.

A few things$30 million in midnights is great though if it ends up at $27-28 million id be a tad disappointed, I cant see it beating The Avengers OW even if it does it wont beat its overall gross IMO as its just an ok epic but I do wonder if the shooter incident will shave a few million this weekend by putting people off attending in case of further crazies

I get the complaints though and at times last night it did feel long and bloated. I just hope it doesn't become a chore on repeat viewings ala Inception. Though TDKR has a significantly greater amount of action and less exposition, so I don't think it will be that extreme. The climax is clearly the best part.

I agree about it feeling long and bloated. I am seeing it again on Saturday I think. I gave TDKR a 9/10 (TDK and TA are 9.5/10 for me)

Hmm I think Opening day around 90 millionbut a less severe Saturday drop.Should stay flat with non midnights.

Not a chance at 90. 85 tops.