chasmmi

Where do you want batman to go from here?

What do you want next?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Where to go?

• Direct Sequel to TDKR
    • A non TDKR sequel yet set in the Nolan Batman Universe
    • Revert back to the previous universe (maybe forgetting B+R)
    • Brand new reimagining in a new Gotham Universe
    • Batman vs Superman or some over comic crossover
    • No more Batman movies (at least for a long long time.

So Nolan's trilogy is over. Won't talk about the film in specifics, but seing how big Batman obviously is what happens next?What would you like to see?For me as much as I like the Nolan films, I kind of want to see a batman a little more extracted from reality. Or to be fair, anything that allows the riddler to turn up (would even be open to a sequel to Batman forever with Carrey's Riddler but understand I am possibly alone in that one.)

The only thought clear in my head is that I don't want to see the origin of Batman again.

And I love TDKR as the end of the story, so unless they go

without Bruce Wayne,

I wouldn't want a new sequel either.

I'd always wanted a film adaptation of Batman of the Future, though...

Edited by The47th

I reckon the tone will be similar to the Nolan films but they'll make it less grounded in reality in order to use the more fantastical villians like Clayface, Mr Freeze etc and to fit it into the wider DC Film Universe.I would like Mr Freeze to be done again, he can be a great villian when done correctly as evident in the Animated Series where he's a tragic figure.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

I think they could do a mix of Nolan's 'verse and the comicbook-y feel, like the Arkham Asylum and Arkham City video games. The seriousness of the Nolan trilogy will be sorely missed though, so they should take a long break, maybe 6-8 years, or make a completely different Batman series that's more comicbooky like the Avengers. Granted, I prefer the grittier side of Batman, but wouldn't mind it lightening up a bit.

Edited by haku

I was lone vote for making a side story. i think it could work but i read Nolan dropped out as producer of reboot so it may not even happen. But then again, lots of reports before the release things have been said that were not true. If they do go with a brand new universe to go along with JL, then I hope they wait more then 5 years.

I kinda want a Batman Beyond movie.

That's really the easiest choice WB can make, since even though we have Blake instead of Terry McGinnis, the core principle of the matter is the same.

The good thing about the DC Universe is that they are not afraid of rebooting their characters from time to time. So there have been many different incarnations of the Batman legend told. Let's see a complete re-imagining with an up and coming writer/director. But, let's wait at least 5 years(in other words, that writer/director hasn't made a name for himself just yet).But if they are planning a JLA film then it would make sense to bring out a new Batman before it. Hopefully, they aren't planning for JLA for at least 5 years as well.

If I get it right Nolan more or less worked with the Knightfall comics. Is there another big Batman comic arc that they could exploit on a similar level?

Knightfall was only one story. Nolan used The Man Who Falls and Year One for Batman Begins. He used The Long Halloween and The Killing Joke for The Dark Knight. And he used The Dark Knight Returns, No Man's Land, and Knightfall for The Dark Knight Rises.

The next film/reboot will be a very tough act to follow. We'll have the inevitable comparisons with Nolan's trilogy, just like there were comparisons between TDKR and TDK.I do wonder if WB will go for fresh blood or an experienced director?

Edited by GamingFreak