baumer

Regarding this weekends scores

I was asked by Shawn if perhaps we should not count this weekends questions and the SOTM 9 due to the circumstances.I gave it a lot of thought over the last 24 hours and the answer is an emphatic "YES" everything will count. There are several reasons for this. 1) I worked too long and hard on the questions to just discard them. 2) you all worked too long and hard answering them. 3) All of us are going to be affected by this. All of our scores will take a hit. 4) Although this is an incredibly horrific situation that occurred no one can say for absolute sure what the damage was this weekend. Would TDKR have grossed another 5 mill, 10 mill, 25 mill? I have no idea. So the questions will be scored as is. This is a final decision and I'm open to discussion about it, I'll even listen and respond to your thoughts, but I won't change my mind.Thanks as always.

• Like 1

I would have hated to not be scored, even if not scoring would let me keep my lead. All of us put hard work here. Its gonna be like every other week, luck plays a factor. Its just a lot more during this weekend, and we gotta live with that.

• Like 1

You are making the right decision B. This isn't the same situation like it was with G.I. Joe 2

Yes and no. GI Joe was removed, this just had a very, very, very unfortunate circumstance to it.

I agree, although I think you should have done the same with GI Joe, but I'll go with whatever you decide.

Yes, GI Joe was a tough one. Lots of different feelings on that one.

Yep, I agree with this. We are all in the same boat, we couldn't have known what would happen and we don't have any kind of advantage over one another. Right now it's still the point when I don't particularly care about things like who's going to get the most points and how the rankings are going to change, and all that, but the results absolutely should be counted.

• Like 1

I think the weekly questions should be counted. The SOTM however should be canceled in my opinion. I know you already said you won't change your mind, but there is a major difference between weekly questions where you can get all the questions wrong and still be even with last week and SOTM where if you get something wrong, you actually lose points.People who abstained (because they are lazy) will get points and the people who actually took the time to answer the questions will lose points. It would be better if there was no point loss like the weekly questions.

Edited by CEDAR
  • Like 1

We can't foresee an unfortunate event like this, so unfortunately even if it totally screws my game I have to agree that the weekly questions should remain as it is. However the SOTM question should be cancelled as it was clearly an OW related question and I think nearly everyone would agree not to give points away for that one.

Nothing needs to be cancelled. Everybody got hurt in the SOTM like they were hurt in weekly questions.Shit like this happens, no need to go changing rules or cancelling questions. There are minor factors every week affecting grosses, there was a major factor this week, that's all.

Nothing needs to be cancelled. Everybody got hurt in the SOTM like they were hurt in weekly questions.Shit like this happens, no need to go changing rules or cancelling questions. There are minor factors every week affecting grosses, there was a major factor this week, that's all.

Yes everyone was hurt in the weekly questions, but for the SOTM, some people will still gain points while most of us will lose 20k. The difference is that with the weekly questions, we don't actually lose any points for being wrong so they are perfectly fair and should stay put. The SOTM is another story.

There is no way to know if those of you who went for all 5 of the SOTM questions, would have gotten all five right. All it takes is one wrong answer and you lose points. So the SOTM question stands.