CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

Until today, I was rather dubious on the idea of a Minions spin-off. They were good support characters, but I didn't think a movie focusing primarily on them could be more than kiddie entertainment.

Today, I saw the trailer.  Looks like they've found the right premise to make this a good one.

• Like 3

Until today, I was rather dubious on the idea of a Minions spin-off. They were good support characters, but I didn't think a movie focusing primarily on them could be more than kiddie entertainment.

Today, I saw the trailer.  Looks like they've found the right premise to make this a good one.

If you mean the premise of looking for a new master every time one goes extinct we knew this for over a year.

Although if you technically think about it, if the minions were to have served the "most despicable" master around that would have meant they would have served the likes of gheghis khan, Ivan the Terrible, hitler, Joseph Stalin and Mao Zedong. But im sure we'll all disregard that thought right? :P

• Like 3

Although if you technically think about it, if the minions were to have served the "most despicable" master around that would have meant they would have served the likes of gheghis khan, Ivan the Terrible, hitler, Joseph Stalin and Mao Zedong. But im sure we'll all disregard that thought right? :P

That is why there are heroes and villains in the DM universe, and why Gru is shown to be so tough. Due to the genetic nature of despicableness, only the strong and despicable past on the despicable trait. Also due to the more peaceful nature of the world, despite some small issues like a german painter being accidently killed by some yellow people, the general police force is not as tough. This has allowed villains like Gru to flourish.

Due to minion clumsiness those who are not both durable and despicable don't last long.

The SB spot is really great. But I really look forward to what kind of the follow trailers they can offer. I mean, so far the trailers just show you how funny the minions can be, which they did a great job, but the following trailers have to show what kind of story they came up with and is it able to justify the fun part of minions. If the story is at DM1 leve we think we can expect the possibility of 400m.

I am thinking on 270-290M DOM right now.

Im thinking Nemo numbers or higher. Most people saw DM2 for the Minions (and Agnes), not Gru. Its not like Puss in Poots where Shrek was the main character, or Penguins where the zoo foursome was, the Minions are essentially the main characters of DM. And dat 4-quad appeal.

Ps put the trailer page in the title por favor.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 2

Oh my God. If this finishes 3rd for the year, dont be surprise. This is going to kill it in all demos. Hilarious, cute, looks better than DM2.

Yup, this will be big. The biggest advantage Minions has over Penguins is that the brand hasn't been diluted by a TV show yet. The voice cast is impressive, Sandra Bullock sounds convincingly despicable  :P

Despicable Me 2 was basically sold on the Minions alone, this won't reach DM2 numbers, but should challenge 300M IMO.

Edited by grim22