CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

BANANA

I liked the trailer, sticking to my original 345M prediction. I really doubt there's gonna be any real drop from DM2 since it is essentially just DM3.

Also, Sandra Bullock really doesn't sound like herself - but she does sound fab.

Edited by tree jumped out a window
  • Like 1

The trailer was good, but it was what I expected it to be, Minions being Minions, I have yet to see something that makes me believe that the Minions will be deeper characters in this film which I think is what this films needs if its going to entertain me for longer than 20 minutes.

Good thing theyre not catering to your wants. The general public wants Minions being Minions, and thats what we're gonna get. Basic economics = stick to what you know. McDonads making pizza? Bad idea. MTV making conservative programming? Bad idea. Pixar making adult westerns? Bad idea. You stick to what works. The minions acting like Minions is the golden formula. Stray away from that and people wont be pleased. Its looks like Illumination will be giving us that, so this will be a success. And since the Minions are the defacto main characters of DM, this will be an even bigger success than it should be.

• Like 3

Whats really interesting is that they found their new master but the build up the story of what will happen has yet to be shown.

That is how they advertise the movies basically - come watch the Minions, and some story will possibly happen. The DM2 advertising negelcted to even show Gru prominently. 

Saw the new trailer at the cindrella screening. This one is a real trailer which give an idea of the story line.

Criminal con ..lol

They have introduced the characters in it

Sandra Bullock's villan character is a likeable one.  This trailer was much better than the inside out trailer.

Good thing theyre not catering to your wants. The general public wants Minions being Minions, and thats what we're gonna get. Basic economics = stick to what you know. McDonads making pizza? Bad idea. MTV making conservative programming? Bad idea. Pixar making adult westerns? Bad idea. You stick to what works. The minions acting like Minions is the golden formula. Stray away from that and people wont be pleased. Its looks like Illumination will be giving us that, so this will be a success. And since the Minions are the defacto main characters of DM, this will be an even bigger success than it should be.

I actually went to a McDonalds once that served pizza and it was great! :P

I actually went to a McDonalds once that served pizza and it was great! :P

Those are a thing? I mean, McDonalds serves something vegetarian? :o

Got the new trailer at SpongeBob and Paddington.

I’m ashamed to say I laughed. :(

SaBu magic at work.

• Like 1

The problem with your statements is that GA don't know about filmmaking or storytelling. A movie where your main characters have no character beyond that of a retarded toddler, will need a very very good story to compromise. Otherwise the movie will have you leave the theater with a sour taste. That kind of trope may work for an animated tv-series where the episodes aren't longer than 20 minutes, but for a one-and-a-half hour movie, that's very unsatisfying.

• Like 2