CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

You are joking? In Portugal McDonalds has salads. It isn't like that everywhere?

Yes McD's has salads in the U.S.

It's more that McD's and other fast food chains try to change their menu to suit regional diet. Which is why in India, where eating cow is forbidden for the majority of the population, the menu leans towards vegetarian options.

• Like 3

As Ive said multiple times before in this thread, this is gonna blaze past $300M. Its a spin-off, but doesnt have the qualities of a spin-off. People come to this series for the Minions. If this was a Dr. Nefario spin-off, then yes I could see a Penguins situation, but the Minions are the stars bar none.

They have the merchandise, the theme park rides, the GA love. Theyre the ones that have sold over a billion in merchandise. Obviously some people did like the family angle and Agnes, and want to see them back, but I dont see it hurting really. DM2 may be too high, but no way this drops back below $300M. These Minions are a box office machine, and they cant be tamed.

• Like 1

The trailer looks pretty good, this is gonna be huge probably the highest grossing animated film of the year.

I think/hope Inside Out will beat it. I never got the appeal of the Minions and IO has a unique concept and Pixar brand on its side.

I don't think IO will be the next Frozen like some articles are saying (that's an INCREDIBLY tall order, after all), but I do think IO deserves top spot this year.

• Like 1

I think/hope Inside Out will beat it. I never got the appeal of the Minions and IO has a unique concept and Pixar brand on its side.

I don't think IO will be the next Frozen like some articles are saying (that's an INCREDIBLY tall order, after all), but I do think IO deserves top spot this year.

Must you massacre objectivity so violently?

Must you massacre objectivity so violently?

I didn't mean to come across that way. I know that the Minions are VERY popular, and this will do very well and it deserves to providing it has a good story. I just feel like Inside Out may have a bit more novelty to bring to the table.

Then again, the Minions are part of a franchise and IO is new, so Minions has that going for it. We'll see though.

It'll be a major accomplishment if Inside Out makes it over $300M, but for Minions it will be a walk in the park.

2 $300M grossing animated movies within just a month of each other would be something special though if it somehow happens.

• Like 1