CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

How is that possible with a total runtime of 91 minutes? Not even the biggest action movies with a ton of VFX have credits of 16 minutes. Most of them are in the 7-9 minute range.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/minions-film-0

A friend told me the credits are extraordinarily long and that the film proper clocked in under 80 minutes. Probably similar to DM1/DM2 in that they have a bunch of gags in them. 

Edited by Gopher

A friend told me the credits are extraordinarily long and that the film proper clocked in under 80 minutes. Probably similar to DM1/DM2 in that they have a bunch of gags in them. 

Well...I'm afraid I won't be paying to find out. $10 is way too much for this kind of movie. :lol:

• Like 1

Well...I'm afraid I won't be paying to find out. $10 is way too much for this kind of movie. :lol:

America should learn to have cinema subscriptions like we have here in the UK, then you don't have to worry about 'getting your moneys worth' and you feel free to watch a wider variety of movies than you would if you paid for your tickets.

• Like 3

America should learn to have cinema subscriptions like we have here in the UK, then you don't have to worry about 'getting your moneys worth' and you feel free to watch a wider variety of movies than you would if you paid for your tickets.

It's OK though. I would probably still find a way to not get my money's worth on that. Dropped Netflix because I barely used it for instance.

• Like 1

Aha, so you're a subscriber too, golden tree? (I used to watch TWO movies DAILY on average in the Dublin cineplex for a year and a half.)

Be grateful about it and don't taunt the underprivileged. I don't believe such model could exist at all in capitalist America.

PS: As for the movie: stop insulting it people and go see it tomorrow, as will do I. Either way it's gonna be a monstrous hit and squash the other movies, better be on its side, not against it.

• Like 1

I've been wanting that to happen here for a couple of years now. I would do that in a heart beat.

• Like 1

I've been wanting that to happen here for a couple of years now. I would do that in a heart beat.

The crazy thing about it is the price. It sounds like it'd be expensive but here, it is significantly less than the price of 2 tickets per month. Maybe when it takes off in the States, it will be pricier, but it is SO damn cheap here. It's really fantastic, I hope you guys get it sooner rather than later.

with the success of Netflix & other subscription movie services, I'm sure it won't be too long :)

• Like 2

The crazy thing about it is the price. It sounds like it'd be expensive but here, it is significantly less than the price of 2 tickets per month. Maybe when it takes off in the States, it will be pricier, but it is SO damn cheap here. It's really fantastic, I hope you guys get it sooner rather than later.

with the success of Netflix & other subscription movie services, I'm sure it won't be too long :)

How will they pay the studios?

What if a show is filled with subscribers? will studio get anything from that show?

just curious..even I have seen the same in Pathe cinemas,Holland. 15 Euro for weekly movie pass.

• Like 1

What if a show is filled with subscribers? will studio get anything from that show?

just curious..even I have seen the same in Pathe cinemas,Holland. 15 Euro for weekly movie pass.

Wow, 15 euros for a week? The price here is more like 15 euros for a month.

And yes, each time you get a ticket, money is given to the studio. I believe it's £3/ticket here but not 100% sure.

With Moviepass in the states ($30 a month) I get to see a movie a day so long as it's not in 3D/IMAX. It has literally saved me hundreds.

• Like 1

How will they pay the studios? What if a show is filled with subscribers? will studio get anything from that show?   just curious..even I have seen the same in Pathe cinemas,Holland. 15 Euro for weekly movie pass. Wow, 15 euros for a week? The price here is more like 15 euros for a month.     And yes, each time you get a ticket, money is given to the studio. I believe it's £3/ticket here but not 100% sure.
15 Euro was 3-4 years back. Theaters were empty there most of the time. In US, we can find more people in theaters.

It's 20 Euro monthly in UK/Ireland. ;)

The point is - there are still (almost) always seats left for most shows, and half of them are always half-empty. So this is a reasonable model. How does it pay the studios - I do not know.

Edited by The Man from S;H;A;Y;