CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

On ‎2015‎-‎10‎-‎13 at 8:49 AM, Spidey Freak said:

Yeah, a much awaited sequel to everyone's beloved childhood movie beating an original movie is nowhere as impressive. And Frozen 2 is on the horizon anyhoo. :D

Yeah, but (spoiler alert) the thing is with Frozen 2 is that movie won't do as well as the first one and could end up overpredicted. I feel like Frozen 2 could end up as the needless sequel that not many people asked for.

Unlike Finding Dory, there's no way Frozen 2 could beat or be close along the movies like JW, FF7, TA1, TA2: AOU, HP:DH2.

I think that movie could end up massively overpredicted by some people. Either half of what the first Frozen made or lower. Frozen's box office run was a one-off.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

All the MINIONS hate here and on IMDB just proves to me one thing: don't trust the Internet too much.

A 1.15 billion dollar gross for the 2nd highest grossing film of all time is a much better evidence than the 'toxic WOM', 'horrible TV movie', 'stupidest film ever no one cares about' statements.

Anyways, moving on, DM3 will be huge. Again. 

• Like 1

Yeah, but (spoiler alert) the thing is with Frozen 2 is that movie won't do as well as the first one and could end up overpredicted. I feel like Frozen 2 could end up as the needless sequel that not many people asked for.

Unlike Finding Dory, there's no way Frozen 2 could beat or be close along the movies like JW, FF7, TA1, TA2: AOU, HP:DH2.

I think that movie could end up massively overpredicted by some people. Either half of what the first Frozen made or lower. Frozen was a one-off.

If it's a one-off, then why is it such a merchandising blitz, with higher revenue than Minions merch? And why are the DVD/Blu-Ray sales record smashing if people are done with it.? Tellingly, the soundtrack is a monstrous success too. Face it, if the songs alone are anywhere as good as its predecessor, then Frozen 2 overtaking it is a pretty safe bet.

If it's a one-off, then why is it such a merchandising blitz, with higher revenue than Minions merch? And why are the DVD/Blu-Ray sales record smashing if people are done with it.? Tellingly, the soundtrack is a monstrous success too. Face it, if the songs alone are anywhere as good as its predecessor, then Frozen 2 overtaking it is a pretty safe bet.

That's just fanboy/fangirl talk. And just because Frozen has everything that makes it popular.....doesn't necessarily mean that EVERYONE loves or will love it. There are still another half group of people on Internet who HATES Frozen and considers it very overrated.

TBH, the Frozen-popularity becomes more and more of a fad. And sometimes fads come and go for some movies.

But Dory will next year, though. Don't feel happy about Frozen not being beaten for long.

Honestly It's ok to me if Dory will beat Frozen. I love Finding Nemo

What I can't accept is the DM franchise beating Pixar and WDAS films as they clearly have the superior movies.

IO Dom proved to be the case. Good thing America noticed who's the better animated film of the year.

Edited by tonicjr
  • Like 3

What I can't accept is the DM franchise beating Pixar and WDAS films as they clearly have the superior movies.

IO Dom proved to be the case. Good thing America noticed who's the better animated film of the year.

And the rest of the world chose Minions as its second most successful animated film in history and the highest animated film in 2 years.

Doesn't make them any less smart than America.

It also chose the DM franchise to be the only franchise to have 2 spots in the top 5 animated films of all time and the highest franchise in animation history in terms of average grosses per film.

Edited by MinaTakla

Hahahahah, utter BS.

They have the SAME numbers in America!! DESPITE Inside Out shamelessly pandering to White Americans.

Also, the stupid Dory will never beat ANYthing, let alone Frozen. You are all in for a BIG disappointment.

Pixar is finished.

Edited by Gooseshays

What I can't accept is the DM franchise beating Pixar and WDAS films as they clearly have the superior movies.

I think the great goodwill from Inside Out (which was released) & The Good Dinosaur (which will be released) should bode well for Dory.

TS3's increased from TS2, not just from the goodwill of the second one....but also the goodwill from Up, which that film made $293M DOM.

I can see Pixar having their film be the biggest hit of 2016, next year, DOM-wise. Even WW, as well.

If it breaks out JW-style.....anything over $500M DOM, is more than satisfying.

If there is one thing we learned from 2013-2015, it's that not all Marvel films can be the #1 of the year, DOM.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Inside Out pandering to white Americans? Wtf? Inside Out is a universal movie that rings true for everyone...

NO! I love broccoli, hate hockey, hate American cities and hate whiny fat little bitches. If this was set in Japan for example (where they stole IO's concept from) I'd probably like it. But NOOOOOO - Pixar never dares to NOT set some movie OUTSIDE White America - because they'll lose their only faithful brainwashed public.

Think about this.

Edited by Gooseshays

I don't remember people being so pissed when Finding Nemo beat The Lion King. Because it was Pixar? :unsure:

Finding Dory being huge in China is not assured at all as seen with Minions which "only" made $69m there. If China or Japan fails to show up in a big way for Dory than it is not getting the record either.

NO! I love broccoli, hate hockey, hate American cities and hate whiny fat little bitches. If this was set in Japan for example (where they stole IO's concept from) I'd probably like it. But NOOOOOO - Pixar never dares to NOT set some movie OUTSIDE White America - because they'll lose their only faithful brainwashed public.

Think about this.

If they stole the concept from anywhere it's from a stupid strip called the numb skulls in the beano, pretty much the only British comic book. Edited by Schumacher FTW
  • Like 1

Aye, but it'll never work.

Well, that's Shay's problem. He keeps trolling with Pixar films. Come on, does anyone actually take him seriously? With the way he writes down comments? Because all i hear from him is nonsense.

He just wants attention.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34