pmoore

How Many Times Have You Seen TDKR? Competition For The Mega-Fans!

How Many Times Have You Seen TDKR?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Times Have You Seen TDKR?

• Community Manager

Twice.I saw TDK three times in theaters (and Inception like twice), so pretty good for the movie. It becomes the third movie in history where I saw it in theaters more than once.

Just saw it in real Imax (saw the movie 3 other times in regular theater) and we drove 2 hours to the theater for the Real Imax. I was very impressed with it but side note I didn't know the film would transfer from using all of the screen to regular version. Still the scenes in Imax were really beautiful and I would recommend any movie fan to go to an Imax at least once in their life. I can't wait till Imax is more developed and then can shoot an entire movie in Imax.

There's really no point in shooting an entire feature film in IMAX (otherwise Nolan would have done it) because the film IMAX cameras are too loud to pick up any dialogue. The actors would have to do ADR which is pretty commonplace but sometimes hit or miss. Reportedly IMAX will have a digital camera out in the next five years that parallels the 70mm IMAX cameras in image quality. But TDKR, which used IMAX to shoot pretty much every scene that wasn't dialogue-based, IMO represents the pinnacle of what film IMAX can do.

• Like 1

6 times so far, once per week, all in IMAX, I would like to see it at least 2 more times, then I am done until the Blu-ray release in December, when I will do the Nolan - Dark Knight trilogy day lol.

Edited by CDK
  • Like 1