Remembering CAYOM 1.0

Year 9 was Beyond the Page then and year 10 was Tale of Two Cities.

Ok, list is complete other than Year 20. It was either Life and Times or it was Walking Shadow. I can't remember which though I'm leaning towards Walking Shadow.

48-want me to do a rundown of the first 10 years? Since I am basically the only one that remembers it. (Gee I can't believe I remember so much.)

Yeah only you or Ry were there and Ry's AWOL so that means it's only you from the Stone Age!

I am writing it, some films I can't remember. But I have a great memory is the thing...I seem to remember odd things. (I was always good at math, just never liked it :P my mom is great at English and my dad at math so I guess I got a lot of help in those 2)I guess I just have the looks and brain :P

Okay now:Year 1-We were the originals. The pioneers. First off we had DIB's epic Rhapsody in Blues. Which for a long time was believed to be a music comedy and it grossed over 660 million somehow. (And it won the Globe for best musical/comedy). It was later revealed that it was a 4 hour epic crime drama. Then there was Zelda: Ocrania of Time which would be perfect for the big screen, yet I had to have a cast and I well messed up the cast. :P still it was decent. Project Hat Shift-a very long plot that DIB did. It was a wooping 200 and something words :P:lol: It had a great cast. Burial at Sea for which Jackie Chan won a Oscar for (yes you read that right!) 5th nominations was....dang can't rememberYear 2-Very busy year. Also the longest actuals in history. DIB had the "Great" idea of doing totals and then having me do the actuals after the totals...it took SEVENTEEN pages to get through the actuals. The Johnsons won best picture. Which is my worse BP nomination ever. I soon hated it :P (DIB loved it but whatever). It was a all star cast about a con artist in a rom com...yeah....We also had The Nation which was a anti Socilist film with Nicolson and Gibson that got amazing reviews. Darkness Rises or something like that by Ry that was where the Antichrist proves there is no God. There was also The Hobbit not nominated but it got great reviews and did excellent and my favorite film years later that was also not nominated got "Seven Knights" that was Phil's first film. Great year in a way.Year 3-Arabia got DIB his 2nd BP win. We also had Hill Top-a drama with Leonardo DiCaprio trying to make up with his father played by Dustin Hoffman and Sibera a Russian drama that Phil did.Year 4-Jazztown won, giveing DIB his THIRD best picture win. It had a record number of 14 nominations. The crime drama got fantstic reviews. There was also Noah's Ark by Lost that got his first BP nomination-it was PG-13 and had Tom Hanks.Year 5-Lost won with Cold Harbor that was well recieved. It was also the biggest film ever to never be number one (it made over 350 million!) Magnolia Leaves got Billy his first nomination staring Meryl Streep and Jack Nicolson.Year 5 or year 6: Pope John Paul II was nominated for best picture which is famous for being the shortest best picture plot ever.Year 6: DIB won his 4th Oscar for Matador. The film won adapted screenplay which was later revealed it was in fact original. It was also later revealed DIB used a double acount to get one of his films nominated for best picture.Year 7: Chris won with Volcano. Not to be confused with the Tommy Lee Jones film :P It became a huge franchise years later.Year 8: I won with Murder on the 4th Floor. It was the biggest winner at the time at was the first to win pic and director. There was also the famous film Lost did that had Denzel Washington playing John Brown...a White man.Year 9: Beyond the Page won. It was the lowest grossing BP winner ever. I had the film Silent Man staring Jim Carrey which was nominated for 8 or 9 Oscars yet not for best picture. As well as Everyone Loves Lucy as well was not nominated which was about Lucielle Ball. Ry won his first BP here.Year 10: Tale of Two Cities won Billy's first Oscar. We also had the Conservative drama by Phil called "Twisted Road" that was nominated. And I had the film "Color Does not Matter" that was a inneracial drama.Don't remember the years:The Issue-a anti abortion film by Phil.

Year 11-The Biblical epic Joshua swept the Osars. It also was the highest grossing R rated film, made 500 million.Year 12-48 won his first Oscar in his first year for Avergond.Year 13-Fredrick Douglas won BP with just 3 wins.Year 14-Eternal Sleep got 48 his 2nd Oscar.Year 15-Journey West got me my 3rd Oscar. One of my best films ever, the all star cast lead by DiCaprio who won best actor. There were a few good films this year.Year 16-Darth Tytis won his only BP win with Stars. A naval film that got tons of acclaim that year.Year 17-The Earth shook with The Great Quake. Which 48's Roman epic was expected to win. But it did not.Year 18-Perhaps one of the most depressing BP films (not in quality but rather plot) won this year with Teenage Wasteland. Billy said that there was no way his film could of just grossed 50M and won BP with great reviews. (Note before Hurt Locker) but it did, it was against a western by Phil that year.Year 19-Pilgrim's Progress won this year. Based off the novel, Phil won his 2nd Oscar for this. It was a close race with All Around the Watchtower. Intresting note is that Pilgrims Progress is the only film to make everyones top 5 in a year. There also was Will Smith in Remembering My Dad who won that year.Year 20-Walking Shadow walked to best picture.Year 21-48 won for The Long Walk.Year 22-Raider got his first Oscar for Insanity Plea. Also marked the first tie in a major cat as it won actor with William Macy for another film.Year 23-Knights of the Round Table swept the Oscars with my final win. It was against Hunch's 9/11 which both films ironically both had Clive Owen. (His Oscar speech even was something like "I don't know what to root for!") Oh Fishnets alert-Otto won supporting actress :PYear 24-Hunch got his first BP win with Wars.Year 25-Assassination of God got Billy his 3rd BP win. Some great films that year from what I rememberYear 26-My final BP nomination with "The Lord is my Shepherd" starring this former child actor from Angels in the Outfield...what was his name again? Oh yeah Joseph Gordon Levitt (note this was before he broke out again). The winner that year was Kodoka Trail. Winning just ONE Oscar. Yep it was our Mutiny on the Bounty :PYear 27-Tim won his first Oscar for Recess of the Mind. Ironically he use to do the shortest plots (One was something like DeNiro showing his sons how to pick up women) yet this was won of the longest plots.Year 28-Lenningrad got 48 his next win.Year 29-Rather slow year. Ragdoll got Points only win. Rather standard drama with no cast listed. He won barley over Avalon and something else.Year 30-Billy won again with Nam which swept the Oscars. Magpie tried to have a NC-17 film win meanwhile!Year 31-Dance the Night Away becomes the first animated BP winner. Ironically...Ry did the actuals AND the Oscars that year...On our final year 48 won for Square Mile.

Succession won Director and Best Actress, Live and Let Burn won Actor, White Tomb won BP and the 2 Supporting awards. I forget what won Ensemble and the Screenplays.And I'm pretty sure Burn was 3rd in Picture count.In Year 36 it was originally neck and neck between Paradiso and GSTK but then at the Oscars things suddenly swerved and Paradiso and The Immortal bludgeoned GSTK to death.

LaLB won Original Screenplay and Ensemble.

Surrpise we all remember so much :P Then again I really seem to remember the earlier years :P(Sad part is that I use to be able to name every acting nomination in our first 10 years)