CJohn

Thursday (7/26/12) Numbers: The Dark Knight Rises - 13.202M

Is it still an estimate? Either way it's good news and Friday now has a slight chance to go over 20M.

It's always an estimate when it comes out this early but the accuracy is usually within 1 or 2%. Guru is one of the insiders that has access to Rentrak.

Heck no, it's not that. I'm paying all on my card, but everyone is paying back as soon as they start showing up. In the end, I'm only paying for mine and the significant other.

Oh, haha.Meanwhile, Pirates 2 really is the best film to use as a comparison for TDKR right now.Midnights: $9m for Pirates, $30.6m for TDKRFri-Sun: $129.6m for Pirates, $130.3m for TDKRMon-Thurs: $60.4m for Pirates, $63.9m for TDKRWhen you get rid of the midnights, it is pretty much following Pirates 2 right now. If it keeps that up, it's headed for north of $440m.
  • Like 4

Oh, haha.Meanwhile, Pirates 2 really is the best film to use as a comparison for TDKR right now.Midnights: $9m for Pirates, $30.6m for TDKRFri-Sun: $129.6m for Pirates, $130.3m for TDKRMon-Thurs: $60.4m for Pirates, $63.9m for TDKRWhen you get rid of the midnights, it is pretty much following Pirates 2 right now. If it keeps that up, it's headed for north of $440m.

With a so disappointing first week I would be quite glad with 450

I saw it in IMAX over the weekend twice and I'm going a 3rd time this weekend with my nephews who my brother did not allow to go last weekend.

• Like 1

DMC is a very good comparison so far. Hopefully, it'll have better legs and push beyond 450M. Plus with the tragedy and media's hysteria, for it to get with in 80M of TDK will be a nice comeback. TDKR would make 64.5M this weekend, if it followed DMC. I think, it's safe to say most people will live with that.
  • Like 1