Confessions of a Shopaholic (2009) ---- 6/10
Definitely, Maybe (2008) ---- 7/10
The TV Set (2007) ---- 6/10
Barry Munday (2008) ---- 5/10
Lobe and Other Drugs (2010) ---- 5/10
Henry's Crime (2010) ---- 5/10
The Monguls (2005) ---- 7/10
What Women Want (2000) ---- 8/10

Shelter - 9/10- Very touching, it's formulaic but at the same time it somehow feels like it avoids cliches (even if it doesn't always).

Admission- Boring, didn't even finish it. N/A

Die Welle (The Wave)- 7/10, German film about a class experiment gone wrong, a bit out there but a cool concept with a really extreme ending.

Tempo- 8.5/10, another German movie, this one from the mid 90's about a bike messenger who gets caught up in some weird stuff, blurs the line between fantasy and reality. The acting is great and this is totally entertaining and funny.

Stoker- So creepy, really liked it. 7.5/10

Side Effects- Meh. Disappointing. Here's a movie that thinks it's smart and slick but is really just stupid. Jude Law can GTFO. 5/10

Edited by aDIM

Man of Steel: I LOVED it. I thought it was stellar. A-/A

World War Z: It was pretty great. I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I did, so it was a nice surprise. B+/A-

Despicable Me 2: It was good, nothing special though. It was really funny, but I feel that it would have been pretty bad without the Minions. They made the movie. I wish it could have been better. This had a lot of potential. B-

This Is The End: OMFG. This was AMAZING. It was so funny. The rape jokes were blown way out of proportion on Tumblr. A-

The Heat: I feel this movie is pretty underrated. It was so funny to me. I couldn't stop laughing. It's not the most fresh, but it's definitely funny. It reminded me a lot of Miss Congeniality. A

Pacific Rim: This is by far my favorite movie of the summer. It was everything I hoped and wanted to be and MORE. I loved Charlie Hunnam. I cared for the characters, and it was a great time. It was a beautiful homage and thank you letter to the genre. I can't wait for the Godzilla remake. A+

The Conjuring: This was a gem. Well, maybe, I have some more thinking to do. It was surely one of the better films in its genre. I didn't find it scary, but it was really good. A

American Beauty - Moving, tragic and witty suburbian satire with an iconic Thomas Newman score

World War Z - Sucked

Despicable Me 2 - Sucked slightly more

Monsters University - Formulaic revenge of the nerds story saved by a bold 3rd act plot twist

Before Midnight - Excellent third installment, though the ending left me a little underwhelmed

• Like 1

Wolverine - Fun blockbuster with some flaws

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - The perfect blockbuster

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - A lot of fun a good follow-up to the first movie

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - Way too much back stabbing in this mess of a script, but still entertaining thanks to the visual marvel

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - Lost the amazing visual component of their predecessors, lost the big battles, lost Orlando & Keira... well, at least it has some mermaids

The Way Way Back:  9.5/10

Wolverine:  7/10

Bad Ass: (Deathwish take off with Danny Trejo playing a much more subdued character, but still tough as nails) 9/10

Pooty Tang:  0/10 (WTF was this?!!)

Poseidon:  Thoroughly enjoyable 9/10

Identity thief 6/10- underwhelming second half but great start and good finishHansel and gretel witch hunters 9/10- surprisingly really enjoyed thisOlympus has fallen 8/10- good action film followed by predictable and boring endingMama 8.5/10- great until the last couple of minutesSide effects 8/10- only watched 1st half but great plot twistsWatched all these on the plane

1. Paths of Glory: 5/5 - definitely a nice, short war drama and probably Kubrick's most underrated

2. My Left Foot: 5/5 - Daniel Day Lewis and the kid in the movie were spot on. Great unconventional biopic! 

3. The Big Sleep: 3/5 - confusing film noir that's saved by Lauren Bacall's looks and the chemistry between her and Bogie 

4. Drive: 3.5/5 - Great throwback to 70s thrillers but Ryan Gosling isn't convincing as a tough guy. Albert Brooks, Hal from "Malcolm in the Middle" :P and Carey Mulligan were great though. 

5. Monsters University: 4.5/5 - easily Pixar's funniest since Finding Nemo and a great tribute to Revenge of the Nerds, Animal House and the college films before it. I didn't like how Sully was sidelined and Randall's reason for not liking Sully is beyond stupid. I loved the unconventional ending and it really showed that Pixar knows how to put a different spin on a story we think we know  :)