Moviedweeb

The last five films you've seen

Lockout: 7/10 Far Far better than I was expecting, Guy Pearce was damned cool in this.The Amazing Spider-Man: 8/10 Top film, really unfairly maligned on here.Jack Reacher; 7/10 Very entertaining, Tom Cruise was damned cool!Resident Evil Retribution 3D 5/10 Could have been a lot better, but still mildly entertaining.The Watch: 7/10 Actually pretty funny, Vaughn, Hill and Ayoade were all great, Stiller pissed me off again. Where is that fucking Zoolander sequel!!!

The Dark Knight Rises B+ (The film is flawed but also spectacular)This is 40 B+ (ultimately I think this was a good film despite many misses)Zero Dark Thirty A- (impeccably crafted although there are other issues to consider)The Hobbit C+ (three films from one book can make the plot very thin, the extended edition of FOTR blows this out of the water)Flight A- (one of the surprises of the year for me, what a film)

This is 40- Mixed bag but overall I'm pretty negative on the whole thing. 5.5/10Headhunters- Blast of a movie. Norweigans can do popcorn thrillers. 7.5/10Contagion- Finally caught up with this. Enjoyed it enough. 7/10Playing By Heart- Nice ensemble rom-com. Had some good ideas but didn't fully explore some of the more interesting character dynamics 7/10Oslo, August 31st- Another ace for the Norweigans. Tragically beautiful. 8/10

Queen of Versailles: B+. Darkly funny. Terrific documentary filmmaking.

Lincoln: A. Masterpiece.

Wreck-It Ralph: A-. Somewhat underrated. The screenplay weaves together subplot upon subplot brilliantly.

In Bruges: A. Most quotable movie ever?

Pitch Perfect: B. Endlessly rewatchable.

Demolition Man: 8/10 One of my favourite Stallone films, how do you use the three shells......Gangster Squad: 8/10 Great fun, great characters, great acting and a best down on Penn. AwesomeLes Miserables: 8/10 Very well made, features some superb performances, but a little uneven. Hathaway needs her golden statue.Couples Retreat: 6/10 Not too bad I thought, I wasn't expecting to have close to as much fun watching it.Austin Powers in Goldmember: 7/10 Great finale for the trilogy, and Caine rocks!!

Barton Fink- 4,5/5

Demolition Man- 2/5

Dredd- 3/5

Stardust Memories- 3,5/5

Shaft (2000)- 3/5

I watched Barton Fink recently, loved it. Both the characters and performances are so deep and layered. I felt the same way after seeing The Master.