Moviedweeb

The last five films you've seen

Dark Knight RisesDark Knight RisesDark Knight Rises :DThe Expendables- terribleCrazy Stupid Love- seen it before, but pretty decent depending on which character is on screenSavages- AwesomeThe Fifth Element- I liked it but it hasn't aged very well; hard to believe this came out the same year as Titanic

Recently saw Crazy Stupid Love and freaking loved it. It had a very 80s romantic farce feel to it. Especially the scenes near the end with the reveal in the backyard and the school speech.

House of Dracula (lol) - cheesy old horror movie. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't entertaining.The Dark Knight Rises - my second time seeing it. Best Batman movie.The World is Not Enough - much better than I expected. Christmas Jones (Denise Richards) is more funny than annoying, and I don't see why people hate her so much.The Living Daylights - I'd seen it before. Timothy Dalton was a great Bond, IMO.To Rome With Love - really, really funny! I don't get why it's gotten such mixed reviews.

Edited by Jawa
  • Like 1

Get the Gringo (2012) - it was okSuperman Returns (2006) - i liked it..to bad it did not do enough for a sequelThe Damned United (2009) - very good british comedyJurassic Park (1993) - first time I watched, it was good, not great, but the effects are top notch :DThe Lorax (2012) - dissapointing

Edited by DoctorWho

Philadelphia- Hanks second best performance after Cast Away IMO.The Lorax - Likeable fare.The Dark Knight Rises - Loved it!Trainspotting - Gross, raw and humourous. A great film.In Bruges - I am still not sure how i feel about the ambiguous ending but all in all,a really good film.

• Like 1

The Dark Knight Rises - excellent conclusion to Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogyAustin Powers in Goldmember - decidedly dated 10 years later, but still good for some laughsFight Club - dark, bitter, brilliant satire; it scares me to think there may be viewers out there who take Tyler Durden seriouslyTropic Thunder - hilarious already, but made even more hilarious by the commentary track featuring Robert Downey, Jr. in characterAmerican Reunion - guilty pleasure, but I can't imagine it working for someone who hasn't seen American Pie

Edited by Webslinger

Get the Gringo (2012) - it was okSuperman Returns (2006) - i liked it..to bad it did not do enough for a sequelThe Damned United (2009) - very good british comedyJurassic Park (1993) - first time I watched, it was good, not great, but the effects are top notch :DThe Lorax (2012) - dissapointing

I agree about Superman returns. I think it was definitely a high quality film and loved Spacey in it as well.

Brave - 14/07/12A Pixar movie, striking visuals and a big heart. Really good. A-9.0 The Beaver - 11/07/12 A meh drama with some good scenesC4.5Up In the Air - 11/07/12eeeh it's good, but not a oscar contender.7.0B-Grinch - 11/07/12The only thing that stands out is the cinematography, everything else is average and the only thing that really bugs me is Jim Carrey, overacting more than the normalC5.5Resident Evil 4 - 11/07/12trash, trash, trash, trash. Everything has been said about the film.I really liked of the third one -_-1.5F

Igby Goes Down - great movie, great performances World's Greatest Dad - interesting take on fame and lying for the greater good, good performance by Robin WilliamsSay Anything - classic 80s Cusack Tree of Life - I thought this was a brilliant movie (not being pretentious), Brad Pitt's character hit a nerve for meCape Fear - Such a good/entertaining movie, Deniro and Nolte at the top of their game, Steven Speilbeerg had his name taken off as producer (although it is still Amblin), maybe too dark for his image; think he was going to direct but swapped with Marty for Schindler's List.

Jaws - the best modern blockbuster. Also maybe the best third act of all time.Fight Club - Hilarious and kinetic. I was worried it might have aged badly, but nope, still magnificent.The Dark Knight Rises - good first hour, then it becomes a bit of a mess. Nolan still struggles shooting action.Spider-Man 2 - even better than I remembered. Great movie.Fantastic Mr Fox - I love Wes Anderson. Laugh out loud funny, touching, quirkier than a bag of racoons.

Event Horizon - This has grown on me a bit, I quite like it now. I swear, the sets and universe look exactly like something out of Alien/Aliens.

The Girl Next Door - Probably one of the best comedies in the last decade. It also has heart, I really liked this one. And holy hell, Elisha Cuthbert makes me Posted Image

Alien Ressurection - Decided to watch this for the first time in like 10 years because it came on HBO. Jesus, kill me please. Posted Image

The Abyss - Fucking awesome. Very magical. Reminds me of Avatar in some ways.

Hangover 2 - This came on HBO and I decided to give it a second shot. I still think its one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Edited by Shpongle

Coraline - fine animated film that was different, but worked.The Dark Knight Rises - incredible finish to the trilogy. Can't get enough of it.Cinderella Story - Hillary Duff and the guy from that CW show. It's .......... just there.Goodfellas - the best film of all time.Dog Day Afternoon - I knew nothing of the film really, but wasn't expecting a comedy/drama. The title and gritty look of it had me assuming it was going to be some serious crime drama. I still loved it though. Pacino was awesome.FYI - I also have daughters, hence the Duff movie and Coraline. Although I'm not one to skip on some good animation. :P

Everything Must Go (2010) - nice story but i did not laugh once...Wonder Woman (2009) - i planned on watching this for 2 years, but always postponed it thinking it will suck, but i was actually quite surprised of how good it is :DTotal Recall (1990) - I saw bits of the movie on Tv over the years, but still managed to surprise me, now that I watched it entirely; man..the hand-to-hand combat looks so lame now...The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997) - actually I enjoyed it more than the original :DSuperman/Doomsday (2007) - very good animated Supes movie

Edited by DoctorWho

Jurassic Park III (2001) - it was good, but it seemed to short.Elf (2003) - i liked it a lot..until the last 20 minutes, which ruined it for meBattleship (2012) - the first time i wached it was Ok, but now it was just boringSuperman vs. The Elite (2012) - an average animated movieJustice League: The New Frontier (2008) - it was good, but a bit confusing at times

Edited by DoctorWho

The Dark Knight Rises - excellent conclusion to Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy

Austin Powers in Goldmember - decidedly dated 10 years later, but still good for some laughs

Fight Club - dark, bitter, brilliant satire; it scares me to think there may be viewers out there who take Tyler Durden seriously

Tropic Thunder - hilarious already, but made even more hilarious by the commentary track featuring Robert Downey, Jr. in character

American Reunion - guilty pleasure, but I can't imagine it working for someone who hasn't seen American Pie

Pleasantville - an excellent, inventive, and affecting film that deftly uses colorization as a metaphor for awakening

My Cousin Vinny - yes, Joe Pesci, you do amuse me; so does Marisa Tomei, whose controversial Oscar win came for this film

God Bless America - angry, bitter, and subversive satire on the ills of American society; it's good that it didn't get released after The Dark Knight Rises, however, as the sole talking point of the movie would probably be the movie theater shooting that occurs in the middle.

TDKR - was disappointed but I had just watched the masterpiece that is TDK immediately before so that could've played a part.

Beasts of the Southern Wild - very unique film with a truly powerhouse performance by a freakin 6 year old!

TDKR again - liked it better this time, slightly above BB still nowhere near TDK

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - Hadn't watched in ages, watched with my little nephew. Forgot how mature the story is for an animated movie. It's actually a bit too plot and character focused, got kinda boring in parts.

Total Recall 2012 - cool action scenes and some special effects, very generic and forgettable overall

Edited by MovieMan89

At the movie theater:The Dark Knight RisesThe Dark Knight RisesThe Dark Knight RisesThe Dark Knight RisesThe Amazing SpidermanAt home:10 Things I Hate about YouMrs. DoubtfireShawshank RedemptionSlumdog MillionairePrince of Persia

Avenging Force (a big ol' piece of 80's cheese starring Michael Dudikoff)The Hunter (beautiful cinematography, excellent performances, and a heartbreaking denouement...I can't stop thinking about this film)Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (lost interest after a half hour, turned it off)The Amazing Spider-Man (better than expected)Open Range (above average Western)

Win win - good movie, very enjoyable with very strong performances (Giamatti great as always)Wanderlust - many funny moments but not a  good movieJeff who lives at home - I enjoyed this, very good performance by SegallSerenity - needed to see some more Joss after TA, didn't disappoint (didn't like it as much as Orson Scott Card though)2001 - turned on the beginning on TV and didn't expect to get sucked in... Again. What a great/mind-blowing movie, see many new things every time