Moviedweeb

The last five films you've seen

Tron Legacy - This movie is pure awesomeness, I really want a sequel!Source Code - I hope people remember this movie in the future. One hell of a ride!Click - One of the most emotional Sandler comedies, even if stupid at times.The Woman in Black - Great horror movie, I only noticed that there is almost 20 minutes in-a-row without any line in the 2nd viewing.The Dark Knight Rises - Epic. Best movie of the year. I just fucking love it.

Edited by CJohn

The Thing - extremely entertaining, Kurt Russel was great, classic horrorThe Fly - another great one, maybe Goldblum's best performanceiRobot - an entertaining mainstream scifi/action flickPoltergeist - wasn't a big fan although it was very SpielbergJust go with it - a train wreck I couldn't look away from

Edited by Clavius

I'm excluding the local movies here I've seen recentlyBrave - 9 / 10 (beautiful animation, lovely music and heartfelt story)Ice Age 4 - 6 / 10 (fun harmless kids flick, nothing more)The Dark Knight Rises - 9 / 10 (fitting end to the trilogy)Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - 3 / 10 (so boring I dozed off in the theater for a few minutes for the very first time in my life)Rock of Ages - 7 / 10 (crazy fun albeit a little long)

Edited by forg

The Brady Bunch Movie - Meh. Parts of it are amusing, but it's basically just one joke stretched across nearly 90 minutes. Given how much of the script is comprised of innuendos, it's a way different experience watching it in my 20s than it was when I was a little kid.

Total Recall (1990) - Decent, though the fact that it may not be happening threatens to render the third act irrelevant. I'll remain cautiously optimistic about the remake (which I probably won't see until it hits Blu-Ray), but I'm not sure it will work without Ahnuld or the gleefully bizarre directorial sensibilities of Paul Verhoeven.

Boogie Nights - Exhibit A for why PTA is a genius: brilliantly acted, remarkably well-paced, and so in touch with the periods it represents that it effectively pulls off the trick of marking a shift in tone with a shift in decade.

Magic Mike - Only half the movie I expected going in, and I mean that as a compliment. The stripping scenes are amusingly goofy as hell (well, for someone who isn't attracted to men, anyway), but the effectiveness of the drama caught me off guard - which it really shouldn't have given that Steven Soderbergh directed. I never thought I'd see such a strong performance from Channing Tatum.

Magnolia - My favorite of Paul Thomas Anderson's work. The three hours fly by on the strength of plot threads that give focused and keen observations of their characters, sublime acting across the entire ensemble, and strange storytelling choices (most notably the "Wise Up" sing-along and that climax - ribbit, indeed) that work beautifully.

Bernie (2011) - the first half hour was very boring, but it manages to pick up a it after that: I give it 6/10The Dictator (2012) - I wasn't expecting much, but I was suprised and laughed a bit :). 7/10The Pirates! Band of Misfits (2011) - it has a nice story and i had a smile on my face the entire movie, but i did not lough much: 7/10The Royal Tenenbaums (2001) - very interesting story with a bit of humour: 7.5/10Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) - 2nd viewing; despite the big plot hole at the beginning, it is a damn good movie. :D 8/10

Jiro Dreams of Sushi - great study on discipline, commitment, and traditionTotal Recall - lots of fun, Schwazenegger was classicThe Dictator - very weak, some funny parts but not enough substance to withstand an entire filmSuperman Returns - I enjoyed this a lot, it doesn't get enough credit, Spacey was greatVertigo - very good but not Hitchcok's best (IMO), the score is brilliant though

The Dark Knight Rises = 9/10 - A great movie to end the Nolan Batman trilogy.Tombstone = 9/10 - Great western movie, very quotable. I always loved Val Kilmer's performance as Doc Halliday.Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home = 6/10 - A fun Star Trek movie, though for some reason I don't like it as much as other people do.Winter's Bone = 7/10 - Decent movie, made me even more of a fan of Jennifer LawrenceBack to the Future = 10/10 - Still a classic

American Gangster - A crime drama/thriller masterpiece that is easily up there alongside Heat and The Departed.X-Men First Class - Much better than X3 and Wolverine, but not up there with X1 and X2.Fast Five - Easily the best of the series and is a perfect example of what Michael Bay fails to achieve over and over again. This is how you do an over the top summer action movie, case closed.Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut - A historical epic up there with Braveheart and Gladiator. The theatrical release is nothing at all like this version, its probably the most significant Director's Cut ever.Rise of the Apes - Very good.

Edited by Shpongle

Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut - A historical epic up there with Braveheart and Gladiator. The theatrical release is nothing at all like this version, its probably the most significant Director's Cut ever.

I couldn't agree more, the Director's cut is truly great. Although I did love the theatrical cut of Prometheus, I hope (and have heard contrary reports) that it will get a significant director's cut.

Update!Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home = 6/10 - A fun Star Trek movie, though for some reason I don't like it as much as other people do.Winter's Bone = 7/10 - Decent movie, made me even more of a fan of Jennifer LawrenceBack to the Future = 10/10 - Still a classicThe Hunger Games = 9/10 - I really enjoyed the Hunger Games and look forward to the sequels.Terminator 2: Judgement Day = 9/10 - They should have ended the franchise here.

Edited by scottb

The Wedding Video: Cheap British Handheld mockumentarty about the lead up to a wedding. Very clichéd but still very funnyBrave: Not Pixar's best, but still better than Cars 2The Expendables 2: Epic. Just epic. If anyone gets a chance to see it in D-Box, it makes it MORE epic.Contagion: Harrowing, but very good. Would have liked some more closure on a couple of the stories though.Psycho: A classic, what more needs to be said.

One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest- Masterpiece. Brilliant piece of cinema, that is both wonderfully funny, tragic and entertaining.

The Matrix- Another masterpiece. I dont like the dialogue, but the film is directed brilliantly.

There isn't a dull moment and 2 hours fly by. A badass action flick that makes you think, too

Stop Making Sense- The best concert movie I have seen. The atmosphere is fantastic

The Expendables 2- This movie is completely retarded, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

• Like 1

The Cabin in the Woods (2012) - I'm not a big fan of Horror movies, but I liked this flick. :D 7/10The Avengers (2012) - 3rd viewing; still very good :) 8/10We Bought a Zoo (2011) - very good movie, Mat Damon and Scarlett Johansson are GREAT; 8/10The Avengers (2012) - 4th viewing; 8/10Safe (2012) - good action flick, loved the car chases :D 6.5/10

Midnight in Paris- My absolute favorite film of 2011. This movie is lovely.

La Vie En Rose- A terribly weak and confusing movie that is worth watching only for the monumental performance of Marion Cotillard

One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest- Masterpiece. Brilliant piece of cinema, that is both wonderfully funny, tragic and entertaining.

The Matrix- Another masterpiece. I dont like the dialogue, but the film is directed brilliantly.

There isn't a dull moment and 2 hours fly by. A badass action flick that makes you think, too

Interesting. I thought the dialogue of the Matrix was always one of its high points.