Moviedweeb

The last five films you've seen

Eh, I thought the dialogue was dry and kinda "Look how smart we are". But thats just my opinion, I absolutely adore the movie

I definitely felt that way during the Matrix Reloaded at times because the brilliance of the first movie just couldn't be improved upon IMO. Edited by Shpongle

I definitely felt that way during the Matrix Reloaded at times because the brilliance of the first movie just couldn't be improved upon IMO.

I havent bothered to watch the sequels since no one seems to like 'em. Are they worth seeing at all?

I havent bothered to watch the sequels since no one seems to like 'em. Are they worth seeing at all?

I think Reloaded is enjoyable but not on par with the first at all and it has some really memorable scenes. Revolutions is just bizzare IMO.Reloaded: 7/10Revolutions: 5/10
  • Like 1

The Hustler - great film that really stays with you, heartbreaking scenes, lots of depth, Newman was just great

Citizen Kane - never had seen this before, of all the films I've seen which are considered to be the best (whether of all time or in a particular genre), this is the one that made the most sense to me. Saw Vertigo recently, thought it was pretty brilliant but surprised it topped the recent sight and sound poll. But after seeing this, it instantly made sense why so many have considered it to be the best, it is that good.

Side by Side - found out in the forums that it was on itunes for rent, super entertaining and quite informative, definitely recommended

We Need to Talk about Kevin - I still don't know how I feel about this movie (which is definitely a quality film), that kid was really creepy

Wanted - just saw this for the first time, lots of fun, great performances, McCavoy and Jolie were great, innovative camera techniques

Edited by Clavius

The Campaign- Hilarious. I usually don't like Will Ferrell, but I was pleasantly surprised. B+

American History X- A masterpiece. Up there with the greatest movies of all time. A+

Beginners- 2nd time watching it. Very heartwarming B+

Dead Poet's Society- Had to watch it for school, ended up buying it because I liked it so much. A

The Dark Knight Rises- 4th time watching. A+

• Like 1

Step Brothers (2008) - it was good comedy, not great 7/10

The Five-Year Engagement (2012) - liked the chemistry between the two leads, but it did not give me many LOLs 6.5/10

Snow White and the Huntsman (2012) - great performance by Theron and very good SFX; the story..not so great 6.5/10

Dark Shadows (2012) - it's just OK 6/10

Men in Black III (2012) - the first 15-20 minutes of the movie are very bad, but after the time travel I liked it very much :)7/10

Edited by DoctorWho

The Hunger Games - 9/10 - Saw it twice, liked it a lot, I look forward to the sequels.Escape from Alcatraz - 9/10 - One of Clint Eastwood's bestThe Matrix - 9/10 - Still great fun to watchAs Good as it Gets - 8/10 - Very funny movie, great performance by Jack Nicholson.The Poker House - 6.5/10 - Good performance by Jennifer Lawrence. I thought it could have been longer.

Coraline (2009) - very good scary animated movie :D8/10

Corpse Bride (2005) - a weird and dark animation; liked it! 7.5/10

The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - saw it for the first time, at last :D loved it! 9/10

17 Again (2009) - a fine comedy, but it could have been done a lot better 6.5/10

Youth in Revolt (2009) - good story, and I had some laughs 7.5/10

Edited by DoctorWho

I've been checking out more of the AFI top 100 films that I havn't seen (watched all on Netflix except for Rear Window)8 1/2 - great and challenging film, influenced Inception for sure, must see again to understand betterThe Bycicle Thief - classic, great story about character, morality, and life in post war italyMidnight Cowboy - "mmmmmm Ratso, good!" touching film, the performances make the movieRear Window - I loved this, Hitchcock makes some ridiculosuly entertaining moviesThe African Queen - I feel every kid should see this, good lessons about purpose and realizing one's potential

Madea's Witness Protection - Fan of the Madea movies, but even son, this one was not that good.Snow White and the Huntsman - I liked it for the most part, even though it is kind of slow in the middle.The Dark Knight RisesThe Dark KnightBatman Begins - - - My friend said she's never seen the dark knight trilogy, so naturally I had to fix that. I rented BB and TDK and then we caught a late night showing of TDKR.... Nolan has a new fan. :):P

Think Like A Man - C+ - Meh. Put it on while I was doing some work; it's alright for something to have on in the background. A couple fun characters, but overall it's pretty generic.Contraband - C - Pretty boring honestly, which is too bad since it has a bunch of actors that I like. Too much focus on plot and not enough on character.American Reunion - B+ - Really enjoyed it even if it's mostly due to nostalgia. I'd say it's the best one since the original.The Bourne Legacy - C+ - Pretty disappointed with this one. Renner and Norton were both solid, but the movie was pretty dull for stretches. The 3rd act was a mess. I'm all in if they can get Damon and Renner together for the next one though.Battleship - C+ - Maybe it was because of low expectations but I actually enjoyed this one a bit. The acting was horrible and the movie was pretty ridiculous at times, but hey by the second half I was actually into it.

• Like 1

The Magic of Belle Isle (2012) - it was an Ok movie, and Morgan Freeman was very good, as always 6/10

The Wackness (2008) - very good and original comedy; I loved Kingsley's character :D7.5/10

The Rebound (2009) - it had more characterization that other romantic comedies, but it was not very funny... 6/10

Damsels in Distress (2011) - another Ok comedy...nut much laughs to it 6/10

Knowing (2009) - 2nd viewing, last saw it in '09; damn, I liked this movie a lot; a major downside to it are the VFX which are poor :| 8/10

Prometheus (2012) - 2nd viewing; still looking good :D8/10

Adventureland (2009) - a good comedy, and I liked Kristen Stewart in this :)7/10