Moviedweeb

The last five films you've seen

Grizzly Man- A damn fine, fascinating and wholly entertaining documentary about a truly disturbing man. Captivating. 9/10

Brokeback Mountain- Manly tears were shed. A painfully sad movie, and very touching. 8/10

Idiocracy- Hugely disappointing. I love the concept, but this was just amateurish and not funny or clever at all 5/10

The Last King of Scotland- Starring the magnetic Forest Whitaker. Spellbinding, competent and horrifying 8/10

• Like 1

Moonrise Kingdom - Simply Loved this, The first time you watch it you get that feeling like wtf just happened? And then it sits with you while you try and make sense of this madness but I think that's exactly what Wes Anderson was trying to do, making it a Nostalgic Classic, one you want to see over and over again, so many great moments it's hard to pick a favourite, Two or three of those moments are very Far fetched and controversial, but this is a movie, not reality and we all know Wes Anderson tends to care more about the hypothetical meanings of his films rather then make a, regular John, simple, predictableYou can already tell what's going to happen, film. anyway just some thoughts. Btw my favouirte film this year thus far, The Amazing Spiderman is second.Crash(2005) - Havean't seen in years but a great film all in all.This Type of movie is very different from Moonrise Kingdom but where it shines is making it feel like it's real, showing the people that this is their reality, and how it makes us feel from the coices we make. The film makes u feel alot of things, not gonna get into it, but if you would like to feel it, this is the film for you.Kindergarten Cop - ARNOLD! I Guess I can watch this because I was only a child watching this for the first time. I don't Think it's a Horrible film, great music and some funny moments blended in with a film with some human heart. mmhmm Sounds like a tasty smoothy... nah, but the film does have some great moments in it and if you havean't watched already maybe check it out if your not busy.Peter Pan(1953) - Classic Walt Disney, My Favourite Pan Film. Still enjoyed Peter Pan(2003), Finding Neverland Was good, and Hook I guess isin't terrible.The Babymakers - Jay Chandrasekhar knows how to make me laugh, soft spot for his comedies I sure have

Watching a lot of Hitchcock lately.The Man Who Knew Too Much - while no Vertigo or Rear WIndow, this was a really well crafted and entertaining film, the concert scene is greatTo Catch a Thief - not as good as TMWKTM but this film had incredible style, one of Hitchcock's most stylishI Confess - great performance by Montgomery Clift (never had seen him on screen before), very masterful, played into cold war paranoia wellThe Trouble with Harry - the joke got a little old but this is another very well crafted story, touches upon our "desensitized" cultureThe Wrong Man - one of Hitchcock's best and most psychologically perceptive

Edited by Clavius

Avatar - Good Movie, the visuals were terrific, and all though I loved the shots and parts of the story, I still don't understand maybe someone can help me? When they transfer consciousness to the pandorian husks, how is it they return of their human bodys? I believe this is just unspoken of, but if someone knows it would be greatly appreciated. all in all well done.... 8/10That's my Boy - just watched the first little bit, I stoped watching it and don't have any regrets or interest in watching it another time..Eddie Murphy's Delirious - I know this is a Stand up Act and not a movie but I was rewaching this aswell as Dane Cook's vicious circle and I gotta say Eddie Murphy is one hell of an Impersonator, gotta be the most funny and best stand up act there is... maybe.Young Frankenstein - It's FRAKEN-STEEN he says, Oh well my name is I-Gore.. there is just so many laughs, my favourite little bit was the part with the trap door, Everytime the part makes me crack up. Classic and nostalgic, I like to think of this as one of the best comedies ever?

arbitrage(great performance by richard gere)deathly hallows part 2 (still convinced books are better,movies have yet to make me cry)dark shadows (i actually thought it was ok but i've yet to see a burton/depp film i don't like and think is crazy awful)the avengers(this is so so rewatchable)booty call (still can't get over how young jamie foxx is in this or the clothing style of 1997)

LOTR Blu-Ray Trilogy: Fellowship - 7.5/10

Two Towers - 8/10

ROTK - 8.5/10

I only saw Fewllowship before, the other 2 were new to me. Great trilogy! :D

People Like Us (2012) - a very good drama with a bit of humour. :)7/10

Moonrise Kingdom (2012) - for me it was a bit of a dissapointment after all the excellent reviews and all people talking about it... 7/10

Edited by DoctorWho

Rewatched The Lord of the Rings Extended trilogy again... and I found that theese films just keep getting better and better with every viewing, the most beautiful films I have ever seen. so imo Fellowship is my favourite it moves at a decent pace, the most true to the books proberly and is not filled with senseless action, not saying that it was senseless action in The Return of the King, I love the way Peter Jackson shoots his action scenes, most likely my favourite style i've seen. but the fellowship didnt need it and pulls through and I think becomes the best of the trilogy by a tad. The next is return of the king for me, Really loved this film one of the greatest ending ever shot on camera, most people say it's too long but I beg to differ, I think it's done perfectly. im glad they didn't throw saruman in the ending like in the books but in the extended it does give us closure to what happens to him, again not truthful to the books but it would have ruined the ending if they did. just my opinion. The Two Towers was excellent too, all theese movies are so well done with a similar feel but still very different making any of theese films a great choice for a favourite.The Expendables 2 - Honestly not that good,I guess I was expecting too much. this is what I would call senseless action but still a bit of fun, Im not sure if I would watch this again, still debating which film I liked better 1 0r 2 I think I might like the first one better. but who knows maybe Im wrong and might give it another try sometime....Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - One the Best Animated FilmS EVER! just watching it so much fun and when it's not fun its truly terrifying, Do you remember when you were a kid watching that evil witch kick a bucket of water away from the skeleton reaching out for it.. Well I didn't but I can say that it's still a very frightening scene as well as many others, also adore the way it was shot, the songs are great, and it's just a whole lot of fun all the way through, The Dwarfs are amazingly entertaining, I mean who doesn't love dopey? Happy, doc, Grumpy! they definatly added quite a bit of comic relief to all the tention. If only they still made movies like this, but they don't. Classic imo and One of my favourite animated films ever. Btw I havean't watched since I was a kid, Snow white and the Huntsman which was a so-so movie made me wanna rewatch, But just like Peter Pan, and Robin Hood for me Disney has made the best films of theese classic stories.

Looper - A+ - excellent scifi thriller and one of the best of the yearMars Attacks! - A+ - I just caught this again on TV(haven't seen it in like 10 years), I couldn't stop laughing all the way through it. One of the best comedies ever made.Cowboys and Aliens - F - Saw it again on TV about a week ago and this movie cracks me up. It had FIVE different writers, WTF? I guess none of them could agree on anything because this movie feels like bits and pieces of 5 different movies.Tremors - A - As good as always.